What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Man fault - Just a Fuse?

Steve C

Registered
Switched Iron Man on tonight - flash of light at back of playfield and then nothing, dead as a dodo.

First check was mains fuse box to see if it had tripped, was ok. Check plug fuse ok, backbox fuses ok/check label for other fuse location, lift playfield to see if any fuses, ok. Check slow blow fuse in power box - blown.

My technical knowledge ends here :oops:

So problem is just a fuse or is it?

What could have made that fuse blow? Game played ok yesterday and once this morning.

Before I put another fuse in just wanted to ask if anybody else has experienced this? Also haven't got any damm fuses so couldn't even if I wanted to.

The only thing that I did this morning was get the light mod working on one of the speaker grilles as the wire was loose/unplugged - then played a game

imfuse.JPG

im2.JPG

im3.JPG

+1 on @johnwhitfield 's sagely advice here

Whenever you operate an electrical switch you get a whole cacophony of spikes/ sparks and sh1t that normally do not matter. From time to time, they do matter, and then a fuse blows or a breaker trips. A myriad of possible reasons. Maybe your fridge compressor kicked in at the precise nanosecond you switched on the game

Change the fuse and give it a razz.

HOWEVER, LED lights produce massive power surges when turned on. If an electrical system is not designed to cope with this surge, you will get problems. It may be that the MOD is the root of all this. If your fuse blows again. Unplug the mod. If the world is good again. Remove the mod and bin it

Steve, I hope its a fluke surge. I never had any issues with it. Mod has been on it since I owned it.

Back
Top Bottom