What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Coordinator and UKCS

Wayne J

Site Supporter
Alias
WWJ
I have taken the decision to step down from my role as IFPA Coordinator for the UK,.

This has been for a number of reasons, but mainly due to personal issues I won't go in to further here.

I shall officially step down after the UKCS finals at PBR in February, but realistically @Matt Vince will be taking over from me with almost immediate effect.

The main roles of the International Coordinator are:

To give feedback to the IFPA about the state of competitive pinball in their country.

Allocate positions (based on IFPA rank) to various tournaments including the world championships.

Clarify information from the IFPA to the players. Including tournament requirements for formats, etc.

Arbitrate between players and TDs if an issue arises that can't be sorted between themselves.

Generally promote competition play in their country, and encourage growth.

Allocate monies raised from the £1 per player fee implemented for all submissions to the IFPA.

This has generally gone smoothly throughout my time in the role, with only a few exceptions.

Regardless of a title, or official role. I will always be available for anybody to reach out and ask advice from whatever knowledge I have garnered over the last dozen or so years competing in and hosting tournaments - so feel free to ask.

I hope that everybody gets behind Matt and will help and support him the best they can.
A big help would be for people who would like their competition to count towards the 2024 UKCS to register their tournaments with the IFPA ASAP- that will certainly help with the planning of next year's competition.

Thank you for everything you've done Wayne, I'm obviously not that into the comp scene but big respect to you for promoting the scene and all the work you have done for us all and for UK pinball overall.

Thanks for your work @Wayne J

I really hope @Matt Vince steps up and its more of a collective effort

Here are my ideas that I think the rep should be responsible for, on top of what Wayne said
  • Always puts the interests of the community and players as a whole first
  • Making the UK scene a safe space for all no who they are or what they believe.
  • The growing presence of female and youth players
  • Encouraging grassroots pinball leagues
  • Actively working on tournaments and leagues
  • Actively working with public and private venues to host events
  • Solid website and promotional materials to grow the scene
  • Supporting top players on an international levels

I would like to thank Wayne for all he has done for Pinball in the UK, don't be surprised if he starts winning more comps once he can relax a little more at competitions!

I am very keen to hear from all of you with your thoughts and ideas about the game we all love.

My door is always open!

Here are my ideas that I think the rep should be responsible for, on top of what Wayne said
  • Always puts the interests of the community and players as a whole first
  • Making the UK scene a safe space for all no who they are or what they believe.
  • The growing presence of female and youth players
  • Encouraging grassroots pinball leagues
  • Actively working on tournaments and leagues
  • Actively working with public and private venues to host events
  • Solid website and promotional materials to grow the scene
  • Supporting top players on an international levels
To be clear the Country Coordinator role is a specific role relating to the IFPA.

All of the suggestions here are great, and should be a given, but it is EVERYONE's responsibility to ensure that pinball venues, competitions are a safe space for everybody to feel comfortable in, with no bullying, scheming and bitching.

Great work Wayne! Really appreciated, we know there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't see, so thank you.

Good luck Matt, cheers for doing this!

Thanks Wayne for all your hard work in being IFPA rep and running UKCS. Know how much hard work and grief it can be at times, so all your time and effort much appreciated.

Good luck to Matt in his new roles; can't think of anyone better to take over.

Firstly I add my thanks to Wayne and hope this leaves you well placed to enjoy playing to the max.

@Matt Vince a great choice. Not only a formidable player in his own right but Matt has already played a significant role in developing UK Pinball from being a largely home based activity to the multiple public venues we have today. I commend him for that alone and am already looking forward to 2024.

Thanks from me too Wayne, you've done a brilliant job on keeping everythng running smoothly
And as Matt says, I fully expect to see you winning more tournaments now :)

Thank you Matt for picking up the baton - I'm sure your experience and enthusiasm will be invaluable in dealing with the challenges of the role

@Wayne J thank you for all of your hard work running UKCS and being the IFPA rep. I imagine it's one of those things where most don't see how much work and effort went into it - and with lots of people having strong opinions (understandable, we all love pinball and want it to be great!), it definitely can't have been easy. David and I definitely appreciate the support and advice you gave us when we were starting out and wanting to run a little comp at ours. I hope you will be able to relax a bit more now!

Best of luck @Matt Vince - a great choice and looking forward to seeing how you make it your own.

Back
Top Bottom