What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

INDISC - The Open World Championship

roadshow16

Site Supporter
Alias
CMP
The Open World Championship is currently happening in California.

Our very own UK Number 1 player @PUP Andy Foster is in attendance, as well as the infamous @Neil McRae 😊

This tournament runs in exactly the same way as the UK Open, so should be easy to follow along if you are so inclined. Andy has managed to put in an awesome first ticket which has him placed 11th in qualifying at the moment.

The standings for all the tournaments including the World Championship can be found here

Karl will also be streaming all the finals for each tournament on twitch at

Broadcast schedule. PST is 8 hours behind GMT, which sucks for watching live, but the replays are a good watch on twitch..

1673648347976.png

Some interesting game choices as usual with indisc. Arena with its 1M skillshot, Car Hop with its catch up feature. Some games you might think not suitable for competition play.

Catch you guys in the twitch chat over the weekend 😁

Broadcast schedule. PST is 8 hours behind GMT, which sucks for watching live, but the replays are a good watch on twitch..

View attachment 191238

Some interesting game choices as usual with indisc. Arena with its 1M skillshot, Car Hop with its catch up feature. Some games you might think not suitable for competition play.

Catch you guys in the twitch chat over the weekend 😁

Arena hasn't been used or seen yet has it? If not it's s not out of the question that the million hole is blocked.

Indisc do these kind of mods to games don't they?

I have blocked the million hole most of the time I've had Arena and it plays so much better, you have to work on the multiball playfield multiplier then start multiball, which is not worth the time if the Million hole is available. I really regret unblocking it at our recent event after asking for opinions. It is a strange choice if that hole is left open considering the playfield isn't worth playing other than the two easy shots to get back to the million shot, over and over and over.... 😴😴

Arena hasn't been used or seen yet has it? If not it's s not out of the question that the million hole is blocked.

Indisc do these kind of mods to games don't they?

I have blocked the million hole most of the time I've had Arena and it plays so much better, you have to work on the multiball playfield multiplier then start multiball, which is not worth the time if the Million hole is available. I really regret unblocking it at our recent event after asking for opinions. It is a strange choice if that hole is left open considering the playfield isn't worth playing other than the two easy shots to get back to the million shot, over and over and over.... 😴😴
It's the first thing they streamed, from the target Matchplay classics on Thursday

Skill shot is open, but they've used fat rubbers to make a lot of the playfield shots harder. I've always gone purely for skillshot on that game, but I see now (as you said) that there are great points from the spinner when that's lit during multiball, because of that multiplier, which it turns out is a playfield multiplier.

Long story short. There's more to Arena than I thought 🤔

Reactions: JMP
Long story short. There's more to Arena than I thought

A lot more. It's so much fun when you're building the multiplier to 16x and hitting the lit spinner. You can get millions for one shot. But there's no way in hell you're going to invest in that strategy when you can just hit the middle shot to light P and I then up the ramp to go for the skillshot again.

Skill shot is open, but they've used fat rubbers to make a lot of the playfield shots harder

Which to me makes this really stupid🙈 but the INDISC folks are far more experienced than me and know what they're doing

Watch it David, most players were utilising the multiball/spinner rips too. The massive rubbers around the ramp helped, making the return to the plunge lane way more dangerous. One to consider for yours 😉

Watch it David, most players were utilising the multiball/spinner rips too. The massive rubbers around the ramp helped, making the return to the plunge lane way more dangerous. One to consider for yours 😉

Mine (James') won't be here much longer so not worth doing such assignments😆 even so at our skill levels I don't think it would have made much difference

Just noticed that he and David qualify for the 1/4 - they can’t be caught, pressure is off in the final game 👍

63CBB669-C5B3-491B-9223-38D6AE3E2266.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PUP
Well done Andy 👍

On a different note, Escher scored 142 billion on Johnny Mnemonic in the high steaks qualifying. I wouldn’t have enjoyed being top of the queue waiting to play that one next 🤣

Reactions: PUP
Thank you all, just at LA airport gate now waiting flight home. Wow, the competition out here this year was rediculously tough, and hats off to those who made the cut 🙌 with the main I thought I had it in the bag from my first ticket which came in and held for ages at rank 11 but obviously my best wasnt quite enough this year, guess it means il have to save up and get back out here next year! That said I am well happy to have made the semi's in the classics. Thanks everyone for the messages and the support. Onwards and upwards to Texas next 😎😊

Back
Top Bottom