What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indianapolis Decal Set

Jamcunn

Registered
Alias
Jamcunn
I have hopefully bought an Indianapolis 500 pinball machine, had a look at it today and seems to play fine in the small amount of time I had with the machine.

It probably would benefit from a new set of decals similar to this :

is there a UK supplier that might be a better bet / possibly cheaper option.

Also if I were to do this, would it impact its future value potentially or would it be better in general to fix it up.

Any advice much appreciated thanks

Also seeing it up for £5995 which sounds expensive, but welcome your thoughts on that !!! I see someone sold one on here back in May and the thread died in a ball of flames....so don't want to stir that back up particularly.

It is being bought as a commercial machine anyway. Played it earlier, thought it was a really cool machine but what do I know. I know what I like and all that I guess !

It's a great game.

Within minutes, I snapped up the one that was advertised here at 3k just before Christmas and I felt it was a great deal at the time and was alos local to me. You already saw the price of the one in May. 5995 seems like a retail price from the likes of hld so you are paying their profit and probably vat.

They always seem to have faded cabinets to some extent as the orange and reds fade but that doesn't bother me and many others much and whilst new decals done well may increase value probably not by as much as cost if you include reasonable amount for time or labour. I prefer to spend my time on making them play great as I buy them to play them not look at them. Others may differ.

Paul

Plenty has been written here on hld in the past which is another can of worms but reality is they are a business and need to cover their running costs and return a profit. Buying from a known group member is always my preferred option but that relies on one of them selling a machine you want. And at 6k, adding just another £1,650 would get you one of the new in box sterns that were advertised on here last week.

I know of a I500 that maybe for sale, and that has Cabinet decal set with it.

Will ask if he is ready to sell it yet

Jamcunn you should also become a site supporter by donating £10 to pinballinfo. For sale and wanted ads are reserved for site supporters and you have effectively had one of those.

Back
Top Bottom