What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing JJP Games?

JustLikeMe

Site Supporter
Has anyone looked into importing JJP games from the States? I’m interested to know if they would work over here, or if they have anything similar to the Stern region lockout based on different voltage that would need to be solved.

My dad has tasked me with finding a couple of games that he hasn’t owned before and that he’d enjoy. One of the games that has come to mind is Toy Story 4 - it has a fairly simple rule set and it’s a thme that he enjoys. Problem is that they’re £14k over here and I can’t in good conscience suggest he spends that much on one. There are however several advertised on Pinside for $10k which works out to £7.8k. If you assume around £500 for shipping and then add VAT onto the total that’s still under £10k which makes it a more reasonable proposition.

Is there anything I’m missing here?

Reactions: JT.
Make sure you have shipping sorted before you buy. I had agreed price from a shipper, bought a pin and then they decided they wouldn't ship it. cost me quadruple to get it airlifted in the end.

TS4 is great machine sadly massively overpriced by JJP which will be their downfall...

JJP may have saved pinball by giving stern a kick up the butt, but I can't see them surviving on their current model.

TS4 is one of my fav JJP games, its like an old school B/W machine but with a little more coding... Coding is linear and easy to learn which is great...

Machine has great shots and looks great...

I know a lot of people were put off it being TS4 instead of the original film.

Pricewise I wouldn't pay anything over a used stern premium

Back
Top Bottom