What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMDN newton ball nightmare and ball hang ups doin my head in

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Ok I set this up at my nieces from NIB and it has been played more by me than anyone else and although they don’t realise the newton ball isn’t working it is a bit of a money shot so it kinda important to the game.
it basically doesn’t recognise hits and this is due to the POS design as I have adjusted it several times now with the same outcome after half doz games WTF
Problem two is the Mylar behind the orbit looks rippled like the North Sea and pics don’t do it justice. While playing balls just hang up in there and only a swift boot with my doc Martin releases it whilst the call out dude tell Me to go fk myself and tilts.
Is this just poor quality or normal on the POS of a game.
it currently is sitting in my garage to sort and I have loaned them my WOZ which is absolutely faultless. Hurrah for JJP (we won’t mention the V2 lights that were fitted to get around that nightmare scenario)

many thoughts and help appreciated thanks in advance

col

76B1E9D4-DFCF-497A-80EF-C1DFF2E09E5E.jpeg50E58746-C864-468C-8692-618DAE3B91F9.jpegE48D9ED7-9D7F-4E37-8272-84273C2FD456.jpeg

That last pic does not look right shouldn't that metal looking pencil be in the centre of that pop bumper switch ?

That last pic does not look right shouldn't that metal looking pencil be in the centre of that pop bumper switch ?
Yep that’s how it ends up even after I adjust it each and every way inc bending the bracket to accommodate. I purposely left for the pic

Stern sent out a Newton ball fix to distributors and also a fix which is a metal plate for the mylar that gets chewed up from the ball dropping after hitting the target.
I got my replacements sent out by Phil at pinball heaven.Would of thought the original owner would of got these fixes too.

Oh. Thanks Ty. We are the original owners so hopefully I’ll get them sorted.
lets hope all this lockdown time sees their next release (fingers Xed for TMNT) consumer ready and not half ****d with problems and v0.02 sw

For a temp fix you could make a u - shape bracket which will hold that metal pencil thing so it can only move up and down instead of side to side . Looks like enough thread on them two bolts to fix it at them point's ,see pic for bracket idea ..

Attachments

• 15887004148151178699169.jpg
    15887004148151178699169.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 17
Great idea but TBH it’s just Tombstoned in the garage ATM till I get round to it. In the meantime a pinfo member has sent me the stern one to sort it so I’ll just need the PF thingamybob

Sorry to hear this man....kinda sucks!
I so badly wanted to go for a LE IMDN but avoided at last minute due to the amount of mech issues in the early release. I’m sure they are all ironed out now or documented fixes but for a novice and 1st pin for me, so glad I went Pro on IMDN- it’s been pretty much faultless apart from a stuck flipper and a ball flying off the wireforms which is sorted.

Phil at Pinball Heaven had the loop protector in stock, he sent one out to me. Easy to fit in 10 mins.
My LE has got the later type newton ball pins and i have never had any issues with them.

That’s already got the modified parts on
And I am not sure I would stick that horrible metal protector on it won’t get worn out in home use anyway

so on the newton ball looks like you have the updated part. Unscrew that tapered bit so its loose and see if the ball recanters when you hit it. If not you'll need to take the whole thing apart and re-assemble. Its not a hard job but fiddly.

before you put the taper part back on get blue thread locker and cover the threads of the screw that the taper part goes on to and also a few drops into the hole of the tapered part. Tighten it and see if it works ok. then adjust the spoon.

Same for the other newton ball.

The mylar is a right pain in the ****. I've got the same problem on mine. I've got the silver bit to install but I'm not convinced I will last and if that messes up removing it will be a night mare. I'm probably going to put down higher quality mylar but its a right PITA to get into that area.

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom