What's new

Expired I'm after any of these titles (70s/early 80s-style)...

Expired Due to no activity
TX Sector is a great game - when it arrived here (same day as Theatre) I definitely didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

And I love the music!

Yes, I love the music šŸ˜

UPDATE: Changed the upper limit on price for the right pin. Looks like a BK LE has just gone for Ā£1,880 on eBay and thereā€™s a nice Electra on here for Ā£2,200.

Such a quirky game. Who thought of doing the 1812 with a duck type voice. Drugs were so much cooler back in the 80's lol
Iā€™ve got to say that, unfortunately, 1812 didnā€™t wow me on Pinball Arcade :(

Iā€™ve got to say that, unfortunately, 1812 didnā€™t wow me on Pinball Arcade :(
I met one first in the flesh, so that's when I fell in love with one. Some games you see video of and think that looks great only to be let down once you've bought it / played it. It was that or a CV.... then I priced up a Cirquis Voltare and that was that, 1812 won! Something about the sound and music felt good so I wanted one.

Have you considered / played Speakeasy?
I havenā€™t, but Iā€™ve just watched a video.

We wondered how often it turns into a slog where you canā€™t keep points on the board because you keep having to use the sacrifice button to reset the sequence in order to get the add-a-balls to keep playing?
Also, does it spin the roulette wheel only when you hit the holes, or also at the end of each ball?

Last edited:

We wondered how often it turns into a slog where you canā€™t keep points on the board because you keep having to use the sacrifice button to reset the sequence in order to get the add-a-balls to keep playing?
The sacrifice button comes in really handy, a great feature when you've almost got the right sequence lined up until a stray ball mucks up your plans, allows you to reset but doesn't start from the beginning, just gets rid of the out of sequence one - makes for a less frustrating play! There's other ways to get add-a-balls too, by hitting the playing card targets in sequence (I find this to be an easier way than the top sequence), or if you get lucky on the roulette wheel in the middle of the board, another feature that makes this pin great fun to play. If I did sell it would be a reluctant one as it looks and plays great in my home bar/poker room, great theme etc, but it's got way too cramped since I took delivery of another pin (and the wife isn't best pleased either!) Happy to send over some pics if interested, recently been serviced by James @MajesticPinball who did a great job as always :)

Also, does it spin the roulette wheel only when you hit the holes, or also at the end of each ball?
Apologies, didn't see your last comment re. roulette wheel! Yes, it spins the wheel when you hit the holes and the end of each ball.

Apologies, didn't see your last comment re. roulette wheel! Yes, it spins the wheel when you hit the holes and the end of each ball.
Ah, sadly, although itā€™s a really sweet little pin and most of what we want, the wheel spin at the end of each ball probably means it wouldnā€™t work for us :(

We tend to run ā€˜Friday Home Leagueā€™ as a family already and my five year old is really competitive (he beat his dad last night and gloated about it :eek:). I can imagine the random luck element would really bother him and I was also hoping to run competitive pinball events at our house once we have a critical mass of machines.

Last edited:
Ah, sadly, although itā€™s a really sweet little pin and most of what we want, the wheel spin at the end of each ball probably means it wouldnā€™t work for us :(

We tend to run ā€˜Friday Home Leagueā€™ as a family already and my five year old is really competitive (he beat his dad last night and gloated about it :eek:). I can imagine the random luck element would really bother him and I was also hoping to run competitive pinball events at our house once we have a critical mass of machines.
No worries, our kids (6 and 8) love the feature as it gives them a chance to beat their Dad (although they hate it when it lands on lose a ball!!) I like it as it keeps game play interesting, but can appreciate it's not for everyone. Good luck with your search! (and if anyone else is reading this and interested in a Speakeasy, drop me a message!)

After a detailed discussion within the family, we donā€™t think Paragonā€™s what weā€™re looking for.

We looked at it before, including the PAPA videos, and Iā€™m specifically interested in a lot of drop targets, or heavily sequenced drop targets - so, Nine Ball is probably my ideal (I think thatā€™s got four banks!).

We donā€™t have much space for pins and donā€™t really want to start selling in a hurry, so really want to put something together weā€™re happy with for a few years ā˜ŗļø

We have had nearly two hours of discussion about Paragon this afternoon - really great price and a beautiful-looking machine! šŸ˜³ šŸ„°

After a detailed discussion within the family, we donā€™t think Paragonā€™s what weā€™re looking for.

We looked at it before, including the PAPA videos, and Iā€™m specifically interested in a lot of drop targets, or heavily sequenced drop targets - so, Nine Ball is probably my ideal (I think thatā€™s got four banks!).

We donā€™t have much space for pins and donā€™t really want to start selling in a hurry, so really want to put something together weā€™re happy with for a few years ā˜ŗļø

We have had nearly two hours of discussion about Paragon this afternoon - really great price and a beautiful-looking machine! šŸ˜³ šŸ„°
Probably not worth having 2 hour discussions. Anything worth buying will be gone in 5mins. It's not a buyers market.

Probably not worth having 2 hour discussions. Anything worth buying will be gone in 5mins. It's not a buyers market.
Weā€™ve been doing a small amount of research into why thereā€™s an illiquid market in second-hand pinball machines right now, and what the actual market price is, internationally.

So, we are aware it is below market and, thus, will go quickly. We had a conversation with Brian, who is lovely, by text as well, about arranging a viewing on Monday, and - eventually - we decided weā€˜d rather get the exact thing we wanted at market price.

It was a real test for me thinking, really quite specifically, about what Iā€™m looking for and why, how much weā€™re willing to pay and how long we plan to wait.

Weā€™ve been doing a small amount of research into why thereā€™s an illiquid market in second-hand pinball machines right now, and what the actual market price is, internationally.

So, we are aware it is below market and, thus, will go quickly. We had a conversation with Brian, who is lovely, by text as well, about arranging a viewing on Monday, and - eventually - we decided weā€˜d rather get the exact thing we wanted at market price.

It was a real test for me thinking, really quite specifically, about what Iā€™m looking for and why, how much weā€™re willing to pay and how long we plan to wait.
Don't over-think things. There is no international price for a Paragon or any other pinball machine....even NIB.

Don't over-think things. There is no international price for a Paragon or any other pinball machine....even NIB.
I donā€™t mean that.

People are willing to pay what theyā€™re willing to pay, and you can get an idea of how much that is. If things are priced too high, they donā€™t move. If theyā€™re priced too low, they go in seconds and - as a buyer - you need to be prepared to jump through hoops to buy.

Iā€™ve ended up at both ends of the scale selling board games (Iā€™ve sold ~2,000 to date). Iā€™ve priced too high and got no movement. Iā€™ve also had people desperately bidding at 6am on a Sunday morning because Iā€™ve bargain basemented an auction for a quick sale, and Iā€™ve had desperate bidders trying to get in before it closed.

There are apparently about 800 pinball machines in a warehouse in Chesterfield and Iā€™m informed by the owner that itā€™s not worth selling them here in the UK because no one is willing to pay that much, but itā€™s worth shipping them off to collectors in Australia/the USA. Having shipped board games internationally, multiple times, including to Australia, Iā€™m aware that this - if true - is quite a big deal.

Prices in Europe are above UK prices at moment, tried to ship some and they want well above UK fully working serviced prices for machines needing work plus shipping šŸ„“

I donā€™t mean that.

People are willing to pay what theyā€™re willing to pay, and you can get an idea of how much that is. If things are priced too high, they donā€™t move. If theyā€™re priced too low, they go in seconds and - as a buyer - you need to be prepared to jump through hoops to buy.

Iā€™ve ended up at both ends of the scale selling board games (Iā€™ve sold 2,000 to date). Iā€™ve priced too high and got no movement. Iā€™ve also had people desperately bidding at 6am on a Sunday morning because Iā€™ve bargain basemented an auction for a quick sale, and Iā€™ve had desperate bidders trying to get in before it closed.

There are apparently about 800 pinball machines in a warehouse in Chesterfield and Iā€™m informed by the owner that itā€™s not worth selling them here in the UK because no one is willing to pay that much, but itā€™s worth shipping them off to collectors in Australia/the USA. Having shipped board games internationally, multiple times, including to Australia, Iā€™m aware that this - if true - is quite a big deal.
I've also found that the opposite is true. If you price something too low nobody is interested and it will sit there for weeks and those that are interested want a big discount off that price. Whereas if you relist it at double the price so people can make offers in line with what you originally wanted it will sell straight away for the full asking price. People are weird. They prefer to pay more for the same thing and be reassured by that.

I've also found that the opposite is true. If you price something too low nobody is interested and it will sit there for weeks and those that are interested want a big discount off that price. Whereas if you relist it at double the price so people can make offers in line with what you originally wanted it will sell straight away for the full asking price. People are weird. They prefer to pay more for the same thing and be reassured by that.
Yeah. Iā€™ve had that too. If you price it really really low (hopefully by accident ;)), people assume thereā€™s something wrong with it.

I eBayā€™d an original Game Boy in blue without realising that it was a collectable colour. I got really worried emails, ā€œWhat condition it is in? Can I have photos of the back/underside/inside the shell? Whatā€™s wrong with it?ā€ Eventually, someone explained, and I took it down and re-listed.

Prices in Europe are above UK prices at moment, tried to ship some and they want well above UK fully working serviced prices for machines needing work plus shipping šŸ„“
Yeah. Thatā€™s basically it. There are pinball machines being shipped out of the UK because you can get more money in Europe/Australia/the US.

This means that you donā€™t have as much choice here.

Yeah. Iā€™ve had that too. If you price it really really low (hopefully by accident ;)), people assume thereā€™s something wrong with it.

I eBayā€™d an original Game Boy in blue without realising that it was a collectable colour. I got really worried emails, ā€œWhat condition it is in? Can I have photos of the back/underside/inside the shell? Whatā€™s wrong with it?ā€ Eventually, someone explained, and I took it down and re-listed.
Yes I have this all the time. Pricing for quick sales just turns it into unsaleable every time. And trying to give stuff away for free....well that's a whole other nightmare

Yes I have this all the time. Pricing for quick sales just turns it into unsaleable every time. And trying to give stuff away for free....well that's a whole other nightmare
I try to bundle things togetherā€¦ but I doubt ā€œBuy this Medieval Madness and get a Bugs Bunnyā€™s Birthday Ball for freeā€œ would really work in pinball šŸ˜ˆ

Back
Top Bottom