What's new

Ideas needed. Two good stern pinballs to put in adult only holiday cabin games room.

BigBear77

Registered
Hi I just bought 3.5 acres of land with planning for log cabins, games room and hopefully two fishing lakes.

This will be adults only.

I want to put in pool table, table tennis, darts and two pinballs. These will be set to free play.

Any ideas on what I should put in. Thinking newish stern for reliability.

Thanks for any ideas.

Budget pro machines. Say £4,000 each max.

Something for folks to be able to play that’s not brutal I’d suggest - ToM and stern Star Trek or Spiderman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Tales a no brainer with fishing lakes:)

And Sopranos - plenty of adult humour, good game.

Is this what your new tractor is for?
This sounds like a paradise before the pinballs.

Fish tales for sure but I reckon a Indy stern would be good. Cheap pin to buy and every man and his dug loves Dr Jones

I’d go for Fish tales and the getaway. Both easy enough to just play but also have a bit of depth.

Or maybe a whitewater, theatre of magic mentioned above also good.

He did say stern games....

So my ToM would be out so in that case Star Trek and Ghistbusters. Maybe Star Wars if it’s not for your own playing pleasure (as it’s not great!).

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Modern Stern's for reliability sounds right to me.

Definitely Star Trek - it's easy to understand and easy to play. It also happens to be a very nice pin plus it's in your budget.

Metallica? Everyone seems to like it, and slamming rams and bashing Sparky is pretty good fun without needing to understand the rules. Not sure what these go for though.

If you go with Fish Tales then swap out the lightning flippers for plain ones if primarily non-players will be playing it. Long ball times not really a concern there.

I'd say that and another 'big license' game. I know FT isn't Stern but frankly I'm not sure you're automatically getting reliability by going with Stern, plus with the budget you're not looking at the newest and known-bulletproof examples (as NIB is not a promise of no issues nowadays.)

I'd be wary of putting any Star Trek themed pins in a thing like that as it might be seen to be too geeky. Something with wider appeal like Ghostbusters could do well but its a complex game to play.

Thinking with adults in mind what about Scared Stiff, Family Guy or perhaps Metallica as suggested above?

I think GB seems to be a favoured sited game, very accessible theme, HUO ones keep coming up so either pinheads are a bored bunch or it looses appeal in that environment.

What did you go with?

PM me @BigBear77 if you are interested in a Family Guy - I am selling mine! Purchased it a couple of months ago for £3250 but got too many things on the go at the moment so its only been turned on a few times. Lovely playfield but cab is not the best! But miles better than others I had seen for sale. Just looking for my money back.

Depends on the clientele – if they are into music (like Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden etc), then one music pin is a must (also depends on your budget). The second pin could be a TWD Pro – everyone likes zombies ;-)

That's my only problem with TWD. It's just so ugly! I prefer a more bright/fun or cool theme. Not so keen on zombies and blood all over my pins

Back
Top Bottom