What's new

I’m Getting Divorced Thread

I kinda worry about threads like this on this forum, last time some dood shared his personal info on here and I tried to lighten the mood everyone with their underpants on too tight got a bit Sharon like.
I actually almost ****ed myself there 😂

We have a rule to avoid politics, just because it doesn’t help play or repair pinball machines but does generate heat.
Can we keep it on track and get back to talking about betting 1/2 your stuff you will love each other forever. Then realise the bet was 50:50 to start with.

David and I have now officially lived together for a year (officially as in, a year since I cancelled the contract on my flat and moved all my stuff into the spare room - I'd basically already moved in before that!).

In that time I've bought several more pinball machines - Junkyard, Creature, and we've gone halves on Centaur. David hasn't bought any. Apparently I'm the one who now has the problem...

He's now talking about getting rid of the hot tub in the garden (since we never have it on anymore with energy bills now so high) and instead building an American Diner themed pinshed for my 5.5 machines - so he can have his Pin Room back... Maybe next year 😁

David and I have now officially lived together for a year (officially as in, a year since I cancelled the contract on my flat and moved all my stuff into the spare room - I'd basically already moved in before that!).

In that time I've bought several more pinball machines - Junkyard, Creature, and we've gone halves on Centaur. David hasn't bought any. Apparently I'm the one who now has the problem...

He's now talking about getting rid of the hot tub in the garden (since we never have it on anymore with energy bills now so high) and instead building an American Diner themed pinshed for my 5.5 machines - so he can have his Pin Room back... Maybe next year 😁
You sound like my kinda gal 😉

After thirty something years, the idea of learning to be with someone else just seems like it would be a **** load of work 😱
I honestly don’t think I could be ****d with the initial conversations. How would you even start? My last first date was in 1991.

I suspect I’d probably die alone surrounded by pinballs and dogs, which is probably a fine way to go.

You might be found lying crushed under one of your machines. People will say "He died doing the one thing he loved"

And you'll be looking down(or up) shouting "I loved playing them, not trying to put the legs on by myself!"

That hot tub needs to go, and a huge extension out the back.

That hot tub needs to go, and a huge extension out the back.

Give it a few years and a lot of overtime 😃
The only issue I didn't consider (which @Spandangler mentioned today, we were on the expansion topic 😆 ) was noise as we're close to all the neighbours.

Now all the pins are working and we're totally full I will try to concentrate on getting the house finished....then look into more pinroom 🙈

Give it a few years and a lot of overtime 😃
The only issue I didn't consider (which @Spandangler mentioned today, we were on the expansion topic 😆 ) was noise as we're close to all the neighbours.

Now all the pins are working and we're totally full I will try to concentrate on getting the house finished....then look into more pinroom 🙈

I think moving to a bigger property would be the best idea

After thirty something years, the idea of learning to be with someone else just seems like it would be a **** load of work 😱
I honestly don’t think I could be ****d with the initial conversations.
That's what kept me in my previous long term relationship at least a couple of years too long - the fear of being alone and having to start again, especially as my social life consisted almost entirely of pinball comps (which aren't known for being the greatest place to meet a partner).

Trust me, there are some complete and utter nutcases out there, it's no wonder they're single in middle age (I suppose that they probably thought the same about me!).

If it aint working out best to part ways and move on.
Your're just delaying the inevitable.
Totally pointless when dreading going home from work every day.
Been there done it! As i say to my Mrs now about my X........ "you cannot reason with the unreasonable"
Life is short, would rather start again with nothing and be happy.

If it aint working out best to part ways and move on.
Your're just delaying the inevitable.
Totally pointless when dreading going home from work every day.
Been there done it! As i say to my Mrs now about my X........ "you cannot reason with the unreasonable"
Life is short, would rather start again with nothing and be happy.
100% spot on.

Back
Top Bottom