What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hydraulic lift trolley

I start with the pin tombstoned, the edge of the truck about a foot away, then gently lower the pin onto the trolley. When the pin touches the trolley, it does tend to push the trolley back a bit, but at this point I lower the front quite quickly, so that most of the force is acting down rather than horizontally & it kind of automatically sits on the trolley with the front of the machine neatly at the end of the trolley (It occasionally pushes against the handle, but that extra push is very gentle, and I realise that the quicker bit was too quick).

Also, if you haven't got the trolley under the balance point, it won't fall off, as it will stay with the back edge still on the floor - at that point decide whether adding extra weight at the front is reliable enough to get the legs on.
Explained better than me, was doing the same thing

The problem with my back i have degenerative disc and its getting that bad now if i hold weight and bend it kills me for days.. When im standing upright im fine with the weight.. Its that bad lately just lifting a mop bucket from the floor hurts(feels like im doing deadlifts with weights) so im trying to think of someway of not doing that.
Like when the front legs go on i can stand pretty much straight as it drops down on them if that makes sense.
Ah, ok, yeh this won't help.

Tried it multiple ways with the trolley but for me personally now, I put the front legs on, then drop it down onto the front legs, stick trolley in from the side of the machine and lift from there. I have one hand on the back of the machine as it lifts just in case it tries to slip backwards but i've done that a fair few times now and its been easy and reliable. For the reverse of getting the legs off, trolley under the back, lift an inch or so, legs off, drop trolley all the way down (leaving front legs on). It doesnt slide off the trolley but goes far enough to the floor that you can then just push it back a little and tombstone it. No lifting and no strain on my back doing it that way. I normally also put a rug down so the pin is sitting on that to prevent any damage to the floor.

So I've learned two ways to do it both I've thought about before but been scared to do .

Some are lowering pin onto the platform with no legs on with it, balancing at the pivot point and then raising and putting all legs on at that point . That I can understand as it's the reverse of how I pack them down

Others are putting front legs on tipping forward and then lifting with the trolley from the side . This I thought about and considered impossible as I thought the trolley would be too far to the front .

I'm certainly going to try on or both when my next machine arrives . But it's a DI which I think are quite heavy so could be fun ! Thanks all . Much appreciated

So I've learned two ways to do it both I've thought about before but been scared to do .

Some are lowering pin onto the platform with no legs on with it, balancing at the pivot point and then raising and putting all legs on at that point . That I can understand as it's the reverse of how I pack them down

Others are putting front legs on tipping forward and then lifting with the trolley from the side . This I thought about and considered impossible as I thought the trolley would be too far to the front .

I'm certainly going to try on or both when my next machine arrives . But it's a DI which I think are quite heavy so could be fun ! Thanks all . Much appreciated
I did the side trolley thing for DI, GnR and PoTC - no issues! And JJP are back breaking pins. Not quite RFM level with the CRT but they definitely need a trolley to not push your back to its limits.

Back
Top Bottom