What's new

Sold HUO IRON MAN £ 3250

It is an awesome game and with WD LE on ebay for over £7500 it's over half the price and getting close to a stable going forward price point if that makes sense. i.e a 10 year old TSPP sold for £3400 on ebay recently.

Have been thinking how I could keep it as it my favourite Stern to date. Trouble is I have 4 or 5 games coming from USA so space is biggest issue.

If I can convince my dad to sell his Metallica I would buy IM off you for whatever it made. £3250-3500 ish

Ok, now it's £3400!

Have had offers but no one ready right now.

Last edited:
Has the market gone quiet as last year this would have sold in 24 hours! And I know the VE's have had a big effect on the collector market but it sure seems quieter of late.

I can't believe it's not sold, yet.
One of the best machines out there, and a rare one.

Quite simple really, the new Vault Edition has pushed the price of a 4 year old one down by quite a margin. Before the VE came out scarcity of IM was pushing them up towards the £5k mark. But now the VE is here IM is no longer perceived as scarce, so I reckon a second hand VE is priced somewhere between £3750 - £4250 depending on location and number of games played on it (like any second hand machine), plus much someone wants one at the time. Why go for the 4 years old one when for a few hundred pound more you can have a second hand VE that's less than a year old...

Quite simple really, the new Vault Edition has pushed the price of a 4 year old one down by quite a margin. Before the VE came out scarcity of IM was pushing them up towards the £5k mark. But now the VE is here IM is no longer perceived as scarce, so I reckon a second hand VE is priced somewhere between £3750 - £4250 depending on location and number of games played on it (like any second hand machine), plus much someone wants one at the time. Why go for the 4 years old one when for a few hundred pound more you can have a second hand VE that's less than a year old...
Agree with some of this. My IM was opened 2.5 years ago but the game itself was first released 4 years ago. A new IMVE cost £4950 so would you already get one for as low as £3750?

Also is the VE better? Personally I don't like all led's on boards as can't change bulbs in a personal way. Original IM is screen printed cabinet versus decals - personal preference though as to which is better. Some people prefer the original and some prefer the VE.

What is clear is that VE models plus market saturation, ever rising prices etc has taken way the 'pinball is an investment' hook so the pinball market is starting to behave in a normal way. Buy a NIB and expect to lose much more than say 12 months ago.

Whilst it is a hobby, the reality is the more money people lose on re-sale of games, the more stagnant the market becomes. I am used to pretty much always losing money on games but the gap has now got too big so I won't be buying any more NIB.

Well, can't go against the market - have reduced to £3250 for a game that is pretty much like new.

This probably last reduction as if a 10 yr old average LOTR goes for £3k this surely is a good buy now?

Will you stop reducing the bloody price:mad: I'm really not meant to be buying anything at the moment and the temptation is killing me......

If I had this cash to hand I would buy this now, seriously. But I don't. Typical **** timing. Shouldn't of bought that TRON... (Slaps wrist).

LOTR is the best rated Stern game so is creeping up in price as opposed to most Sterns which are going South, I lost circa £300+ on my 2nd hand AC/DC in about 6 weeks and was shocked @ how hard it was to shift it (was over rated though and the music got on my tits), expect to loose money on a Sterns unless you purchased a 2nd hand top title about 3+ years ago, it is horrible watching someone dropping the price over and over trying to shift a pin but it was probably way over priced to start with, maybe ebay it starting at a quid and let the market decide its value if you are serious about selling it, may even go up in value in the future, who knows, may be worth holding on to it rather than parting with it for less that what you deem its worth.

Last edited:
Thanks to various people re offers since my price drop. Now sold.
And for what it's worth I owned LOTR and had way more enjoyment with my IM.
But the beauty of pinball is we all like different games. I did really like LOTR as well but IM was very addictive.
Truthfully my favourite Stern to date.
I have gone off on a mad em crusade and that is only reason I sold this game!

£400 is what I tell the wife :) This being the price of my 1st one

Back
Top Bottom