What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you change Stern coil stops?

Replay

Site Supporter
I have played a lot of Stern games all over the place recently and noticed weak flippers are fairly common. One of my pet hates!

Also read that Stern coil stops are softer than B/W.

Also a Stern flipper re-build kit is twice the price of a B/W kit:eek:

Anyway, I figured it may be worth just changing the coil stops, so I just did this on my AC/DC. The flippers weren't weak, I just wanted to see the difference.

You can see difference in the old and new coil stop, - after 1000 plays?? ( not exactly sure how many plays ).

New ones have made a difference as backhanding ramps, the ball flies up them now with real pace.

So, I figure if the stops have started mushrooming, it's worth changing them?? Doesn't cost much but makes a lot of difference. IMG_4536.jpgIMG_4537.jpg

The Stern coil stops do seem really soft.

Recently had to put new ones on a Star Wars Pro on site ...... the old ones were absolutely mullered :eek: That 'brass' ring bit at the bottom was completely hammered flat so it was like a washer flapping about.

Back
Top Bottom