What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many pinball machines are there in the UK right now?

Wizcat

Registered
Alias
Paul G
I don't suppose anyone really knows the correct figure, but I'd be interested in hearing your guesses. Particularly so if you're basing the number on some actual figures (ie number of UK members on Pinball Owners or something)

Wasnt there an old thread on here were people posted the number of machines they owned......

Pinball Owners ranks the UK at #7 with 2592 on record. Denmark coming in at #6 surprised me.

Pinball Owners ranks the UK at #7 with 2592 on record. Denmark coming in at #6 surprised me.

It's probably a multiple of that then - as i doubt the majority of owners actually use the Pinball owners Database.

So >5000 to 7500?

Gotta be more than that including all the ones tucked away that we never see!

We'll never actually know the answer for this exact reason!

8 here :)

2.8k members on here. There will be more owners that are not on the forum. As a guess 4k people owning machines - average say 3 - 4machines each would be 12k - 16k machines, but the average could be any number so you'll never know how many machines exist in the UK in my view

I think the last time we tried to work it out on here... it was likely to be 60,000 or so. Huge number of people own just 1 or 2 and are never involved with the pinball scene.

Would it be any easier to estimate how many machines have been sold in the UK (with an adjustment for those subsequently imported/exported) and then deduct an estimate for numbers that haven't survived?

best surviving machine must be Defender. of the so few made most survive

on the other side where have the thousands of Eight Balls Six Million Dollar Man etc all gone

for a bit of fun I THINK the best selling pinball game in the UK of all time is not Addams but Space Invaders

agree or disagree?

other big UK sellers would be Harlem Globetrotters Firepower Getaway T2 LW3 DE Star Wars Capt Fantastic Fishtales ST TNG Haunted House Mr Mrs Pacman Flash Gordon. I know in the 70s the big distributors shifted a lot of Williams Big Ben

Back
Top Bottom