What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you tell if it HUO

Scorn

Registered
So

Brought a POTC a few months back spotted it on pinballowners.com and was in amazing nick.

Question is how do you tell it’s HUO ? I’m convinced it is by the following facts

1. Cab is immaculate apart from the very back where some cretin has been moving it With a trolley with out protecting it.
2. Can not see any evidence of a coin mech having ever been fitted. However there is a counter in side the cab that say 253 on it
3. In the audits menu the total games played is 5363 can this be rest ? Seems low for a machine 12 years old averages to 1.22 games a day over its life.
4. Playfield is immaculate
5. All keys and original key ring so far as I can tell

If I were to move it on or trade would it be fair to say HUO. I can trace 2 previous owners for 8 of its 12 years all home use

May want to trade in the future for AFM, LOTR or GnR am I being to ambitious ?

That sounds plausibly like home-use-only from what you've stated. HUO is basically only different from operated games in how much wear and tear they get over their life.

With regards to trades I would say that trading for AFM unfortunately is a non-starter in the current pricing that those go for, LOTR probably only with some cash on top unless you get lucky, but GnR sounds plausible.

Don’t worry about HUO or Routed or any of those terms, condition is king!

There are some operators that take better care of their routed games than some home owners.

As for your questions directly
1. Condition is king
2. Again condition is king
3. Yes this can be reset, it’s also reset anytime new code is installed/updated.
4. That’s the most important part, at least for me when buying as well as price :D
5. Nice bonus.

Incidentally, how do you tell from descriptions whether its a Stern POTC or JJP? Are the JJP ones referred to as CE?

I wouldn't advertise it as HUO unless you know that for a fact. If the new owner finds out it isn't then it won't look very good for future games you try to sell. Just be as honest as you can be, like you have been, and I'm sure that will be enough.

For the Stern games I have owned the games played audit gets reset with an update.

HUO, unless you have all the original documents, is a guessing game.

As above condition is all that matters. There are tons of clues that when added up, lead to maybe 'HUO'.

You could have a HUO game that has been stored in a damp shed, and the game is knackered, so it would not matter if it was a HUO!

JJP have long term stats that don’t clear down with code updates. Also my MET had lifetime coin audits that stayed on after I put new code on, so I could tell it wasn’t huo even though previous owner believed it was.
Not sure about POTC, think only has this on more modern Sterns.

1545321880630.jpeg
Said counter only 208 must have been a very short commercial stint ?

Back
Top Bottom