What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houdini pinball could be a winner

lee riley

Site Supporter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looks interesting for sure. But I think they've taken alot out of the game from when they had playfields at expo.

Apparently they have removed a fair bit from the original launch machine which is a shame as it looked to be a winner. Be interested to see what's been kept and what's been dumped.

Has the price gone up on this? I thought it was around the £5K mark but now its £7K!

Loving the theme but is it just me or are the animations and art on some of these fancy new displays really bad? It reminds me 1990s flash/clip art stock images and the fonts used in places suck too.

Hopefully as the code gets better they spend a little more time or pay someone to update them.

Looking forward to playing the game though looks great ;)

Loving the theme but is it just me or are the animations and art on some of these fancy new displays really bad? It reminds me 1990s flash/clip art stock images and the fonts used in places suck too.

Hopefully as the code gets better they spend a little more time or pay someone to update them.

Looking forward to playing the game though looks great ;)

Yeah the screen art and animation is very basic to put it politely. Speaking as an animator I'm not at all surprised. Good animators do not want to work on obscure pinball machines, they want to work on Ready Player One or The Last Of Us 2.

I dunno - I'm barely awake following a tournament today that I barely had any sleep for in the first place - but I think that the playfield and the art on it strikes me as looking a lot better than the previous version I've seen. I could just be going crackers but I'm wondering if the art has been colour balanced in some way, or whatever is missing has helped to open the field visibility somewhat?

EDIT: Actually I think I'm spot on, compare it to this last video:

Could easily have been a ****ty camera but the newer field seems much more bright and blue on the bottom of the playfield instead of dark and purple. And immediately you can see they've replaced the bottom half of the plastic left return rail for a wireframe instead, which looks a ton better. Replacing plastic ramp returns for wireforms isn't exactly a cost saving exercise, so there's perhaps hope that alterations are being done as gameplay streamlining rather than just lowering cost.

Really aren't seeing missing items from the new playfield, just alterations like that they changed the shape of the screen.

Still very, very keen to play this one. Yeah art and animation is ropey but I don't see it a big deal, and if anything for this particular theme it's almost aesthetic.

Last edited:
I dunno - I'm barely awake following a tournament today that I barely had any sleep for in the first place - but I think that the playfield and the art on it strikes me as looking a lot better than the previous version I've seen. I could just be going crackers but I'm wondering if the art has been colour balanced in some way, or whatever is missing has helped to open the field visibility somewhat?

EDIT: Actually I think I'm spot on, compare it to this last video:

Could easily have been a ****ty camera but the newer field seems much more bright and blue on the bottom of the playfield instead of dark and purple. And immediately you can see they've replaced the bottom half of the plastic left return rail for a wireframe instead, which looks a ton better. They cost a bomb more but rails are just so much better looking than plastic.

Really aren't seeing missing items from the new playfield, just alterations like that they changed the shape of the screen.

Still very, very keen to play this one. Yeah art and animation is ropey but I don't see it a big deal, and if anything for this particular theme it's almost aesthetic.
All your questions answered here in a very detailed interview.

http://thisweekinpinball.com/exclus...cer-playfield-designer-houdini-desire-create/

Tron overload Paul!

I'm keen to play this one too. Like the way it looks like a licensed theme but isn't!

Need to dig out the proto pics I took a while ago - I hope these guys do well though as they really got a lot of **** with the whole Jpoop situation that they really didn’t deserve - at expo they were very open and honest.

From Rosh on pinside. Doesn't sound like many changes from original reveal..

"The bulk, if not all, of the palyfield changes have been covered in various articles, posts and presentations. Most of the changes were subtle. The reality is, there is almost no noticeable difference between the first couple of samples and what is rolling off the line now. We have added a new part to stop a ball trap, but as of 10 minutes ago, that has been put on the first games as well. The only other change is a change to the style to the GI bulbs. The one in my office, and possibly one or two others, do have a slightly different 'floor' to the stage mech, a topic that will I give more color to down the road"

When are they shipping to the U.K.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dead flip streaming this next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom