What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOBBIT sound issues

D

Deleted member 181

Has anyone had problems with TH audio? After having WoZ and DI the audio on those was crystal clear , TH sounds like there is crazy interference going on ... when it boots up the audio sounds like a ZX spectrum :)
And when in atract mode it buzzes through the speakers , it’s kinda annoying as I am now tuned into it and it’s bugging me.
I have wiggled the cables but that’s about as far as my technical skills allow me to go .
Cheers
Will

Common problem on TH, had the same on mine. You need a ground loop isolator.

Cool thanks dude
So do you just plug that into where the speakers plug into the silver box in the cab? And am I assuming you need to buy two one for each speaker ?

Cool thanks dude
So do you just plug that into where the speakers plug into the silver box in the cab? And am I assuming you need to buy two one for each speaker ?
Generally no, this goes from the sound source to the amp, then the amp to the speaker. There will likely be only one 3.5mm jack?

Yes correct you only need one, the audio plug is at the back of the big metal box in the cab as far as I remember. Would send you a pic but can’t access mine at the minute.

Thanks for the advice gents , I looked at the back of the big metal box and there are Two cables that go in I am assuming left and right? Do I plug this thing into that box and then the cables into that ??

Although I don't have a Hobbit, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Buy the cable and you'll be able to see the exact connector. It should be a 3.5mm stereo Jack. Speaker leads will be phono or straight wire connectors.

I’m sure where the speaker jack plugs in is green not the pink one, disconnect this cable and connect it to one end of the isolator, plug the other end of isolator back into the green.

Back
Top Bottom