What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hobbit Preview Meet - Blackpool - Date TBA

lukewells

Registered
The early shipment of Hobbits will be arriving in the next few days (date TBA) I will post when I know.

As my house will not be complete for a few weeks, I have two choices :-

a) It sits in it's box in the hallway for a few weeks unplayed

b) Move it upstairs into the office

Unfortunately I have back problems can't do moving heavy things.

If there are 3-4 strong people who are up for moving a 158kg pin up a straight stair case (I imagine the backbox will come off to make it lighter) then please let me know.

If there are enough people who fancy the JJP staircase challenge, then we can have an evening of playing the hobbit with snacks provided.

I'll happily hold meets at later dates for anyone that wants to play it, for now it will be an early access meet for anyone that can help move it.

If no interest then it will wait until the house move.

Thanks in advance

Luke

More than enough people have helped me move pins up the stairs at mine over the past couple of years so count me in as long as I'm free when you want it shifting

Bad shoulder puts me out.... could carry the legs. Much easier to grow a pair and tell the boss it needs to stay downstairs for a few weeks. Say it won't fit around the landing..... ;)

Bad shoulder puts me out.... could carry the legs. Much easier to grow a pair and tell the boss it needs to stay downstairs for a few weeks. Say it won't fit around the landing..... ;)

Yeah I totally need to grow a pair. I'm so under the thumb;)

If it was not for the fact that she has said it is absolutely NOT going in the house downstairs, as you well know, the house is being renovated, and it would get covered in paint / plaster / sawdust and be majorly in the way

Of course no judgement for anyone not able to assist, everyone still welcome to play it once it's moved :)

Yeah I totally need to grow a pair. I'm so under the thumb;)

The Luke Wells I used to know would just do it and take the grief..... as you once said, they can only be angry for so long. :D.

Let me know when and I'll supervise @Arv lifting it by himself :-o, then test the machine for you.

.... can lend you a dust cover too.

Last edited:
Luke,
Would love to come as I also have a Hobbit on order but work commitments may clash (I have a lot of extra DJ work at the mo and cannot cover it as Donna has to do my usual gig), let me know when, and I will see what I can do.
Well done on the purchase!!
Cheers Adie

playfield is easy to remove and so is backbox do it in 3 bits

I had a look into it, backbox looks easy to remove as only a few connections, so that is definitely coming off. If the playfield can come out easily too then it will weigh so little that @Arv will be disappointed with the lack of challenge ;)

Luke,
Would love to come as I also have a Hobbit on order but work commitments may clash (I have a lot of extra DJ work at the mo and cannot cover it as Donna has to do my usual gig), let me know when, and I will see what I can do.
Well done on the purchase!!
Cheers Adie

You are welcome to come and play it at a time when you are free :)

Hobbit is arriving on Monday :)

If anyone else wants to join the lifting crew (supervisors not required lol), please let me know

Played the Hobbit at Tilt today. Good game but needed the back legs up a bit to speed the ball up. Still, it Made Ghostbusters seem a bit naff imo, although it looks nice

Really good, code was updated took like 2mins to apply the deltas.

Luke,
It must be BMW's and Hobbit's you have problems with!!
I can hear @philpalmer now....Wait until Christmas then all the bugs will be ironed out.....Love the finish on the cabinet and the sound is amazing!
With the few games I had I'm glad I'm in on The Hobbit, will suit a home environment as it will take forever to figure out what you are supposed to do, set at 30 balls per game with a 5 minute ball save and an extra ball every thousand points I will suss it in no time.:rofl:

Reactions: JMP
Luke, I wonder if its anything to do with that mode where the volume was getting a bit loud, am sure that had something to do with Wargs and it seemed like points were being scored over and over quickly without hitting anything, maybe the coil was firing repeatedly at a fast rate or something.

Now, if this was a Stern.......... ;)

Back
Top Bottom