What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Bristol

Taxiturn

Site Supporter
Alias
Simon
Hi,

Fairly new to the hobby and currently learning my way around the maintenance and quirks of my Gottlieb Royal Guard (1968 EM wedgehead). Have also been playing a few Sterns on location around Bristol. Always on the lookout to try something new in the area, drop me a message if you want somebody to dunk on with your high scores!

Thanks,

Simon

HI Mate

Where abouts in bristol are you? and what places / machines have you managed to find?

I work in city centre.

HI Mate

Where abouts in bristol are you? and what places / machines have you managed to find?

I work in city centre.
Hi Paul, I live in Keynsham but work in the city centre. So far I’ve found Kongs of King Street (Godzilla / Mando / Star Trek), Four Quarters (TMNT / Indiana Jones), and NQ64 (another Godzilla, Avengers IQ). I also had a look at the tragic machines on the W-s-M Grand Pier in passing haha. Anywhere else that’s good in town?

Is the arcade still open in the galleries? @8bit-1up runs or ran it. Loads of pins in there.
Nope closed down a few weeks ago before I had a chance to go. Per their Facebook they are looking for new premises, so will keep an eye out.

Actually it's still going just under a different name, it's now called Playback arcade. I'm sure Mark will chime in, but there are definitely pins to play 👍

Actually it's still going just under a different name, it's now called Playback arcade. I'm sure Mark will chime in, but there are definitely pins to play 👍
Oh great - I was just following the History of Arcade Games page so didn’t realise. Will definitely go and have a look when I get a chance. Thanks!

Hope the arcade museum in the galleries is still open I live that place! Marioooooo

Hi Paul, I live in Keynsham but work in the city centre. So far I’ve found Kongs of King Street (Godzilla / Mando / Star Trek), Four Quarters (TMNT / Indiana Jones), and NQ64 (another Godzilla, Avengers IQ). I also had a look at the tragic machines on the W-s-M Grand Pier in passing haha. Anywhere else that’s good in town?
Theres more than i realised then!.

Isnt there an arcade bar on park street now??, been meaning to check it out as its right by where i work.

I think they have one or two pins in there

Theres more than i realised then!.

Isnt there an arcade bar on park street now??, been meaning to check it out as its right by where i work.

I think they have one or two pins in there
Yes that’s Four Quarters. They have a TMNT and an Indiana Jones. I was in a couple of weeks ago and just played the TMNT as Indiana Jones was displaying a switch error. I didn’t really like TMNT so unlikely to head back there much.

There's a Mando in Brewdog
Which Brewdog - Baldwin St? I’m trying to get the various pinball maps updated for the area! Thanks

FYI for the Bristolians in the thread, Kongs of King St has recently replaced its broken Star Trek with a shiny new Foo Fighters Pro. Think it may be the only Foo on location in the city, if anybody has wanted to try it out.

GZ also had a score reset because I managed to get HS#1 with only 269m this evening!

FYI for the Bristolians in the thread, Kongs of King St has recently replaced its broken Star Trek with a shiny new Foo Fighters Pro. Think it may be the only Foo on location in the city, if anybody has wanted to try it out.

GZ also had a score reset because I managed to get HS#1 with only 269m this evening!

Amazing, thanks for letting us know! I shall plan a visit soon!

Back
Top Bottom