What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone!

Hi Sukh,

I hail from Ilford, moved away long ago though.

As for buying a pin, maybe the Gilligan's Island that's gone up for sale on here would fit?

I don't know anything about the pin or the seller so this isn't exactly a recommend but...

In a time of crazy prices it's very affordable, it's a 90s pin, and it's close enough to Ilford for you to pop up and have a look and play on it.

John

Played a lot of machines from the 90s, so would ideally be looking for a machine from that era, do you have any machines yourself, any recommendations?
A lot will depend on budget, opinions will vary wildly as to which machines are best, I've had all sorts said about my choice! My newb advice would be to have a good look around this forum, get to know people and to visit somewhere with lots of playable machines so that you can get a feel for your favourite.

Played a lot of machines from the 90s, so would ideally be looking for a machine from that era, do you have any machines yourself, any recommendations?
As @Sharkbait says, your budget will dictate what you can realistically get. Cheaper machines tend to be the less popular, either for theme or their lesser gameplay, but one persons crap could be another's gold (just Google: popeye pinball grizz)

For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying FishTales right now - it wasn't a machine I played in the arcades at all, but it's so simple and addictive that I really wish I had! Easy to learn, hard to master - exactly as pinball should be. It could get boring though, not as much going on as say a Twilight Zone or White Water, but definitely less expensive. Don't ignore the DMD Sterns either, games like SpiderMan remain in my top 5 machines after many years.

So many to choose from, and with so many new/shiny Sterns being bought at eye-watering prices, you shouldn't have too much trouble picking up an older game. Maybe try JackBot, Getaway, Demolition Man or Judge Dread - still moderately affordable, relatively speaking. Perhaps try them and then keep, trade or sell. I doubt you'd lose much money and if you did then at least you've enjoyed yourself and learn a lot with it. Good luck either way.

Welcome Sukh! You aren't too far away from me (I'm Upton Park - would invite you round to play, but just sold my oly machine...)

As others have said, defo gwt yourself to pinball republic; play everything and see what grabs you.
90s wise, I always say Judge Dread, the Getaway, the shadow; games like that are great games and more affordable than a lot of the more recent Sterns.

Back
Top Bottom