What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identifying resistor

RudeDogg1

Registered
One for the electrical nerds I only have 1 resistor left that I use for my torch mods but my eBay history doesn’t go back far enough and can’t remember which ones they are. Can anyone ID them maybe @myPinballs ?

CC6CA680-4D4E-4848-9D6E-CB900ED3C39D.jpeg

Cheers
Rudi

Spin your multimeter dial to the ohm symbol Ω, put one lead on one side of the resistor and the other on the other side.

And yeh as everyone said, either 470 or 570 depending on if that right band is green or yellow, 1% tolerance.

Spin your multimeter dial to the ohm symbol Ω, put one lead on one side of the resistor and the other on the other side.
A much easier method is to connect the resistor to a battery, set the meter to volts, and then measure the voltage accross the ends. Then set the meter to amps, disconnect one battery terminal from the circuit and then connect one meter lead to the battery and the other to the end of the resistor which is not connected to the battery. Then simply divide your voltage reading by your amps reading, add any number between one and ten, then subtract it again, and, as if by magic, you will have the resistance of your resistor. Simples.

A much easier method is to connect the resistor to a battery, set the meter to volts, and then measure the voltage accross the ends. Then set the meter to amps, disconnect one battery terminal from the circuit and then connect one meter lead to the battery and the other to the end of the resistor which is not connected to the battery. Then simply divide your voltage reading by your amps reading, add any number between one and ten, then subtract it again, and, as if by magic, you will have the resistance of your resistor. Simples.
Surely the only real method is to construct a basic MOSFET inverter with the subject resistor in series with the drain, provide a known voltage to the drain and gate and measure the amplification in FET saturation mode, and back calculate the resistance?

Back
Top Bottom