What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello oooo oooo 👋

Sharkbait

Registered
Hi, my name is Leia, I live in Cambridgeshire and I love pinball *crowd cheers*
Ok so I've loved pinball machines since I was little, apparently my mum used to play a lot when she was pregnant with me. True story.
I have an Addams machine which I love, but am beginning to feel like I want another.
I went to the pinball museum in seattle a couple of months ago and geeked out, fell in love with a couple of other machines too.
So erm, hello.

Welcome!
You should visit The Pinball Office in Sawbridgeworth, probably your nearest pinball venue if you're looking to experience different games,👍😁

Still learning which buttons to press, but thank you for the warm welcome already!
I loved the Lord of the rings machine and also godzilla oh and walking dead. My main problem is space, TAF lives in the living room and I don't want to put one in the garage so it might be trade time.
Gah
But I love it so! I'm conflicted. I might need to buy a bigger house. Or get a pinball extension. 😄

Welcome!
You should visit The Pinball Office in Sawbridgeworth, probably your nearest pinball venue if you're looking to experience different games,👍😁
Ahhh yeah I've heard about this place. I've got family in St Albans so it's relatively close by. Thank you for reminding me!

Welcome Leia! I'm in Histon so not far from you? No pins at the minute but will get a couple back in once building work is done :)

Welcome Leia! I'm in Histon so not far from you? No pins at the minute but will get a couple back in once building work is done :)
Hi. Yeah not a million miles away from me! I need to get building work done so that I can get another machine! 😆

Hello and welcome.

You would have absolutely no trouble shifting a TAF for another game. One though is never going to be enough. That garage could probably take at least 4. You’ll find all sorts of logic to justify expanding your collection 😉

And there is the UK league which will be starting up again in the new year. Its the best way to meet other pinheads.

You can attend any of the region's league meets but Midlands league is probably closest for you.

Details at www.pinballleague.uk

I'll be posting up details of Midlands meets once they are arranged.

Hello and welcome.

You would have absolutely no trouble shifting a TAF for another game. One though is never going to be enough. That garage could probably take at least 4. You’ll find all sorts of logic to justify expanding your collection 😉
Yeah I have a big garage as well, I reckon it could hold 14 machines, if i get rid of my classic cars 😄
I'm very much still infatuated with my Addams, I need to get to a billion points then I might trade it. That's what I'm telling myself.

Quicker to just accept the inevitable rather than fight it. We git to three in the kitchen in just over 12 months before we moved to a bigger house.
TAF was my first machine and still here, still holds a lot of pleasure. It will go when I can’t stand to look at pins anymore.

Quicker to just accept the inevitable rather than fight it. We git to three in the kitchen in just over 12 months before we moved to a bigger house.
TAF was my first machine and still here, still holds a lot of pleasure. It will go when I can’t stand to look at pins anymore.
Which ones did your go for next after TAF? I really liked playing the Lord of the rings machine and godzilla. Though I didn't have enough time, that place in seattle has over 50 machines.

We got stuck in the 90’s.
Creature From The Lagoon
Indian Jones (Williams)
White Water
Tommy
Bram Stockers Dracula
All still here

Attack From Mars
Apollo 13
Family
Were loaned and went back.

I love the 90’s games. They are not so deep you need to dedicate serious time to them but still hook you in to play another game, as they were designed to do.
Plus, I enjoy the fixing side too

We got stuck in the 90’s.
Creature From The Lagoon
Indian Jones (Williams)
White Water
Tommy
Bram Stockers Dracula
All still here

Attack From Mars
Apollo 13
Family
Were loaned and went back.

I love the 90’s games. They are not so deep you need to dedicate serious time to them but still hook you in to play another game, as they were designed to do.
Plus, I enjoy the fixing side too
How's the indiana Jones machine? I've always loved the look of that one but I have never played it. I was disappointed that they didn't have it in Seattle. I mean, just for a moment, then I got distracted playing all the others 😄

I wrote up a long review ages ago.

It is good fun for someone stepping up to play casually but missing something to bring you to play on and on. There is just a load of modes, you walk through them but non give the rush of adrenaline that Creech or TAF do. They can be called one trick ponies but they click far better for me.

IJ is also very heavy. Getting it up to the house nearly killed us. Getting it back down the hill is so scary, it might never leave.

I wrote up a long review ages ago.

It is good fun for someone stepping up to play casually but missing something to bring you to play on and on. There is just a load of modes, you walk through them but non give the rush of adrenaline that Creech or TAF do. They can be called one trick ponies but they click far better for me.

IJ is also very heavy. Getting it up to the house nearly killed us. Getting it back down the hill is so scary, it might never leave.
That's made me anxious just thinking about it.
I've had my machine for 3 years and it still draws me to it. That's why I'm so torn about getting a different one in its place, maybe none of the others will stand up to it.
First world problems, granted.

Then just think how you can temporarily have two, just to be sure. To be fair, few machines are perfect on their own. You just have to have two to switch between ;)

You don't need to go all the way to Seattle to find 50 machines
No, you're right. But I do have to go all the way to seattle to see my family so.... win, win. Would have been rude not to go to the museum. Incidentally, it is run by the rudest man on the planet. I mean so rude it was actually hilarious. I can highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom