What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HD Pin2dmd colourisation issue - sorted

johnh

Site Supporter
Just got round to fitting this, but the colours are off (I’m just getting white, red, cyan). Installation guide says to set the start up blocks so they’re red to yellow (red on the left, yellow on the right) exit they are. Anyone know if I should choose a different

Attachments

• IMG_4018.jpeg
    IMG_4018.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4016.png
    IMG_4016.png
    685.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4014.jpeg
    IMG_4014.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 33
Umm. Good question. I’d assumed that they came installed, but I need to check that assumption.

Edit - checked stumblors website and it says screen come with colour files installed.

I would agree that this looks like it isn’t seeing the colourisation files.

The RGB sequence in your third photo is correct.

On the SD card there should be a pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq file (and maybe others, but those are the two that actually apply the colouring - don't change, rename or remove any of the other files you find). Regardless of what you find on the SD, reach out to Stumblor and ask him for another copy of the files, perhaps they aren't the correct files for this game (they are easy to mix up, especially if you are dealing with a lot of displays at once as Stumblor is), or perhaps they got corrupted or something.

Thanks for the assistance here peoples :) All sorted. I bought it back in June last year, and at that point, the bundle didn't include the colorisation files (which I vaguely remember now). But @stumblor includes them now so has sorted me out so I'm up and running :) It's a thing of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom