What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever shortened pinball legs succesfully?

Mark

Registered
Hey guys,

I have a set of 28.5" legs on my Mario Bros, which being a Gottleib, still leaves it a little taller than my other pins and a little harder for the kids to play.

It is not a big deal, but it would be great if it was about 3" shorter. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with shortening legs, which I assume you would do by chopping a section from the middle of the leg and welding it back together.

Is it one of those things that would be a non starter, or are there engineering firms etc who can do this in the blink of an eye?

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers, Mark

Well you could reuse the lower hole on the leg as the top hole and drill a third hole lower down the leg?

Or you could just push the boat out and buy/make a 3 inch step for the kids to stand on.......

Thanks Ian, some good suggestions. I didnt really want to drill more holes in the cab, but will give that some thought.

We already have a few stools for the kids to stand on (my kids are 3,3,7) but the stools are fine for the other machines, but a little to short for this one, so didnt really want a selection of different height stools cluttering the place up :)

In the short term, I think I well remove the front leg levelers, which will give me a small reduction in height.

Cheers, Mark

I meant drill a hole further down the legs, the legs will then have three holes in them.

Use what used to be the bottom hole as the top and the new hole as the bottom hole. Will drop the table around 3 inches or so.

You can get 27in legs from Pinball Resource in the US....maybe someone in the UK might have an old set rusting away somewhere?

Gottliebs,ss onwards seem to do three size legs,and it depends on the game what is installed.
They are about 28",31" and 27".A few of my sys 80's have 31" at the back,and 27" on the front
They can be shortened,I have some 26" ones here that were cut down then re welded
Gottliebs,like Sterns sit at a diff height than wms pins,which if ocd like JMP can get on yer nerves!

Good suggestions, I like the one with a crate for the kids - is that to stand on or put them in? -lol.

Ha ha, yes Chris, I probably am a little on the OCD side that that - in fact, I'm going to put the Mario on a different wall to the other pins so it doesn't stand out :) I've been offered some 27" legs now, so although I was thinking about cutting/re-welding, I'll clean up the 27" legs and see how that goes :)

Thanks again, Mark

Gottliebs,like Sterns sit at a diff height than wms pins,which if ocd like JMP can get on yer nerves!

:thumbs: You got that right. Got used to them now though...., my Sys 80's now have 27" front and 28.5" at the back. Has made Arena a much better game to play. I get all mine from Best of Pinball (unribbed):

http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog....php/search_in_description/1/s/1/keywords/leg

60 Euros plus levellers and shipping. BoP leveller sets are nice shiny chrome ones too.

Got these old crusty 27" ones for you anyway Mark as a project set. :)

:thumbs: You got that right. Got used to them now though...., my Sys 80's now have 27" front and 28.5" at the back. Has made Arena a much better game to play. I get all mine from Best of Pinball (unribbed):

http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog....php/search_in_description/1/s/1/keywords/leg

60 Euros plus levellers and shipping. BoP leveller sets are nice shiny chrome ones too.

Got these old crusty 27" ones for you anyway Mark as a project set. :)

Just put Genesis,Tx and Robo-war in a line like me John!:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom