What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone converted to metric?

Moonbus

Registered
I appreciate many people on here get working machines, play them then move them on.

Financially and due to my desire to test myself I generally get machines or bits that would be scrap to most and try and get them playing again.

So to those that get down and dirty, have you ever been tempted to re-thread all your assemblies to use metric machine screws instead of American guage when you consider you can get 100 metric screws for the price of 10 us?

That would be a huge undertaking for very little gain in my opinion. The next person to get your machine won't thank you either when none of their tools fit :)

Same. I wouldn't bother either.

Been a big challenge for me to get my head around some of the imperial measurements; concepts like thread measurements were also totally alien to me so it's been quite the learning curve.

i used to do it on my losi RC gear, but not worth it on pins

We'll probably invent a new measurement system once we're out of the EU. Possibly a cake based measurement system I'm thinking.

I've been on the brink of doing so for the larger bolts, like the backbox security bolts and the legs. Infuriating trying to source those. Doing a complete machine however would be a daunting task.

Back
Top Bottom