What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold GROUP BUY: Bally Linear Slingshot Nyliners

Nedreud

Registered
@DRD is on the lookout for these and then @Moonraker said he'd take a couple. I also need at least three. In the spirit of my previous FISHPAPER GROUP BUY I'm gauging interest in these slightly unusual Nyliners that were used on the Bally "Linear" slingshots, which, if Page 18 of the Bally 1981 Parts Catalog is to be believed, is part number ASE-2593-6:

ASE-2593-6.png

So, according to that diagram what I'm looking at here is Part No. NYLON BUSHING C-537-12. Marco have this listed as a reference number on this part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-8790-5

20-8790-5.jpg

NYLINER® 7/16 INCH

#20-8790-5
0.4375 inch shaft diameter, 0.14 inch Long, Type 7, standard snap-in Nyliner® bearing.

Used in Williams NO GOOD GOFERS pinball machine and others.

Reference:
    • 20-8790-5
    • 20A-8790-5
    • C-537-22
    • C-537-12
    • Equivalent to 545-5418-01
Weight: 0.007 oz

Marco have several price breaks:

1+ $1.25
3+ $0.90
10+ $0.85
25+ $0.75

So I could order 25 for $18.75 which is still under £15 to avoid import duty. Postage options as follows:
  • USPS Mail 2-4 Weeks (No Tracking): $7.12 USD
  • USPS ePacket 2-3 Weeks: $9.86 USD
  • UPS Expedited 4-7 Days: $33.02 USD
  • UPS Saver 3-5 Days: $33.67 USD
  • Priority Mail 2-3 Weeks: $49.06 USD
Going for the cheapest brings the total to $25.87 or about £17. Going for the tracked ePacket would cost $28.61 or about £18.80. The £1.80 premium for slightly faster delivery and tracking seems a good deal to me. That would make the unit cost 75p.

Based on that I'm suggesting a price of 75p each plus £1 to cover the cost of 2nd Class Large Letter postage in a small Jiffy bag.

Any takers? If you're interested reply below or PM me and I'll add your name to the list below. I doubt there'll be a massive rush on these but would prefer to start allocating a few each so everyone who want some get them ;)

Kind regards,

Peter aka Nedreud

Nyliner # - Username
1 - @Nedreud
2 - @Nedreud
3 - @Nedreud
4 - @astyy
5 - @astyy
6 - @Moonraker
7 - @Moonraker
8 - @Moonraker
9 - @Moonraker
10 - @Moonraker
11 - @Moonraker
12 - @DRD
13 - @DRD
14 - @DRD
15 - @ronsplooter
16 - @ronsplooter
17 - @ronsplooter
18 - @ronsplooter
19 - @ronsplooter
20 - @ronsplooter
21 - @PinballDaze
22 - @PinballDaze
23 - @PinballDaze
24 - @PinballDaze
25 - @PinballDaze
26 - @PinballDaze

Last edited:
If these are applicable to Gold Ball I'll be in for a couple please.

Added 6 for both @ronsplooter and bumped the order up to 26 so that @PinballDaze could also have 6, as the total order was still under the £15 cut-off for duty and VAT. The final total was $19.50 + $10.06 postage = $29.56 for which I was charged £20.04 after currency conversion (the initial costs were based on online currency conversion), so the final unit price is 77p.

I'll send each of you a PM with PayPal details and total cost so I can keep track of things, and you can reply privately with your postal address. No need to pay until they've actually been delivered to me!

Quite surprised this was as popular as it was and I'm "Sold Out" the same day! Could possibly have ordered more but then it tips the VAT threshold. As a little experiment I ran through an order for 100 and selected the UPS Saver 3-5 Day option that allows for guaranteed pre-paid taxes and duty: the final cost was around £122!

FYI: @astyy, @DRD, @Moonraker, @ronsplooter, @PinballDaze

Thank you for arranging another great group buy

Got a confirmation email from Marco that the goods have been dispatched. Says 2-3 weeks. Never understood why it takes so long from the US...

Good man, thank you for sorting all this out. A group buy was a brilliant idea, as the reality is that in home use I can't imagine that these will ever need replacing a second time.

Some US sellers do really make a meal out of delivery.

I bought some paragon drop targets on eBay from the us, took about a week and only cost about £7 for delivery.

Right. Apologies are in order for @DRD, @PinballDaze and @ronsplooter.

:oops: !!! SORRY !!! :oops:

I went out in the car this afternoon and what did I find tucked in the driver's door pocket? Yep, that's right... 3 little Jiffy bags that my wife said she'd take to the Post Office for me over a week ago! Tut. Huff. Mutter. Mutter.

So, I've signed up at Royal Mail to use their on-line postage system and have just ordered and printed my first "e-stamps" (@DRD you got a real 1st Class Large stamp 'cos I had one of those kicking around). They will most definitely be in the letter box this evening as I'm just about to go out to visit @astyy for the inaugural meeting of the UK GOLD BALL APPRECIATION SOCIETY (currently 2 members). All are coming 1st Class in an effort to get them to you a bit quicker.

Sorry guys. I was wondering why no one had sent me a message to say they'd arrived o_O

Back
Top Bottom