What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Gottlieb Waterworld project Machine

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
I brought this probably over a year ago as there was talk of it getting parted out and it’s quite a rare game but I really am struggling for space.

This is in @new forest pinball queue of machines to work on. He was/is going to get it running so I could then shop it out. I am sure if someone here buys it he would do the same for them and I can deliver it to him for the new owner as well.

When I first had this it booted up and sat in attract but wouldn’t play a game as the solenoid board was toast (see pictures) I brought a new board but have not installed it in the game as I wanted Keith to check it through as if the fault was still there it would fry the new board. The DMD was all fine. Hopefully @tyke can chip in here and confirm this as he babysat this for a while before I collected it from his place. It now doesn't boot.

So it’s basically reasonably scruffy but it’s all there. There is wear around the flippers which is quite common on Gottlieb’s but a guy on Pinside did a great job creating a decal for this area which he produced in a limited amount so I grabbed one. If you check out the Waterworld owners thread you will see what a good match this is.

New parts I have brought are…
  • New solenoid PCB – tested in my Stargate when I brought it as I knew it would be a while before it got fitted.
  • Dive hole Cliffy – The dive hole is worn and will need building up before the Cliffy is fitted but it should cover the damage.
  • New genuine manual – Thanks to @JPM for getting this for me
  • Flipper wear decal – See description above
  • Rubber set – From Pinball Mania
Looking for £1100 for this, I will be losing money with the cost of the parts but if it saves a game it’s all good. If it doesn’t sell I am going to have to suffer the space loss and shop it :D

Martin is due here in the next week or so or as I said I can drop it to @new forest pinball when its slot is due.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.jpg9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.jpg14.JPG

Sorry a little late to the party. Yeah I can confirm after I replaced all of the dodgy fuse wire with the correct fuses the machine fired up at the time, dmd was working and game booting. The flipper transistors were blown on the that main driver board but everything else appeared ok. Good luck to the new owner, rare game for sure.

Back
Top Bottom