What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb System 3 Sound Issues

JAG555

Site Supporter
Hello,

Looking for some Gottlieb System 3 Sound issues help!

My Street Fighter 2 is currently experiencing some sound issues while playing. There is a cracking / jumbled interference sound. The music and call outs still play fine and it dies down after a minute or so, but it’s still there faintly.

I have pressed the reset button on the sound board and that did help, but it’s started doing it again.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

I am by no means an expert, but if it is working and you are having issues, I would expect it is something on it's way out, or a loose joint.

Take the board out, do they have any caps on them? Replace those, and reflow any dodgy solder.

I am by no means an expert, but if it is working and you are having issues, I would expect it is something on it's way out, or a loose joint.

Take the board out, do they have any caps on them? Replace those, and reflow any dodgy solder.

Thanks for the reply. I wil take a look, but to be honest the Boards look really good. Very clean and no clear issues. That said, the caps could easily be gone.

I did read that it could be an issue with the Sound Power Amp and I wondered if anyone else had had the same issue?

Try re-seating the cables first before anything else. Do this on both the sound board and MPU.

I'd also exercise the volume control (with power off) wind it all the way up to max, then all the way down to min. Repeat half a dozen times then set back to the level it was.

Try re-seating the cables first before anything else. Do this on both the sound board and MPU.

I'd also exercise the volume control (with power off) wind it all the way up to max, then all the way down to min. Repeat half a dozen times then set back to the level it was.

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom