What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Gottlieb Stargate

PeteB

Registered
Alias
Random Username
This is perhaps, the most reluctant pinball sale I've ever had to do. I do NOT want to sell this game, but certain events have forced my hand.
Beautiful cabinet with original artwork. Beatiful playfield. Game is fully working with no issues. All photos are attached

IMG_7706.JPGIMG_7707.JPGIMG_7708.JPGIMG_7709.JPGIMG_7710.JPGIMG_7711.JPGIMG_7715.JPGIMG_7716.JPGIMG_7717.JPGIMG_7718.JPGIMG_7720.JPGIMG_7721.JPGIMG_7722.JPGIMG_7723.JPGIMG_7724.JPGIMG_7725.JPGIMG_7726.JPGIMG_7727.JPGIMG_7728.JPGIMG_7729.JPGIMG_7730.JPGIMG_7731.JPGIMG_7732.JPGIMG_7734.JPGIMG_7735.JPGIMG_7736.JPGIMG_7737.JPGIMG_7738.JPGIMG_7739.JPG

- EDIT - Since I took those photos, the game has been given a full LED job including the flashers. The side rails have also been removed, re-grained and polished. I plan to update the photos at some point but here's a before and after comparison:

69244082_1117553271779438_3695851883995332608_n.jpg

Also, the photos don't show the game with LED's, so here's a quick overview of how it looks now:

I will only sell this at £2,000. No offers. It's advertised elsewhere at a higher price.

Stargate is a vastly underrated game (Gottlieb's best), people used to criticise it because of the repeated call outs but you can get new roms to cut this out. I have had mine for over 10 years and still enjoy playing it a lot. This one looks lovely :thumbs:

How much does a pin like this cost, can’t see a price? Also, what is the availability of replacement parts if something were to go awry? Good luck with the sale. Looks a lovely machine and I enjoyed playing one recently at UK PinFest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think £2k is very good for this. I’d be all over it like a cheap suit if I could.
Spares aren’t as common as Bally/Williams but they’re out there. And it sure as **** wouldn’t put me off this.

That is a lovely machine and a very good price in that condition.
I need a bigger room😏

Apologies, I’ve re-read the original post and now seen the price. Thanks for the above response [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so impressed by Stargate at Pinfest 2018 that I spent a lot of energy tracking one down. Thanks to @ronsplooter I found one belonging to a former community member who was selling up his collection. (His new partner had said ‘the only table I’d like in this room is a dining table’). I absolutely love it. Played almost daily and never a thing gone wrong. Also very popular with non pinheads as they like just smashing the ball up and down and love all the features. When my granddaughter saw the glidercraft fly out of the pyramid for the first time she was delighted. Whoever buys this will have fun!

Stargate is hands down one of the best Gottliebs of all time. After shopping mine about 3 years ago when I first got it I've never had a single issue with it since. Had it tombstoned for a year and took it straight to Pinfest this year and it ran perfectly, system 3's are built like tanks and are as reliable as it's gonna get

It was a pity that the glidercraft wasn't working on the machine at pinfest. As others have said, it's a cracking game.

Parts available at http://pbresource.com/Stargate.html
Was it not? It's been working since I got it home? Usually Stargate is set to give you the glidercraft mode on the last ball as soon as you plunge but I fond it got annoying pretty quickly so I have it set so that you have to hit the glidercraft mode otherwise it won't start

Deffo agree about them being built like tanks! These Gottlieb games weigh an absolute ton as well, I struggle to lift Stargate. To be honest, I think the build quality is better than anything Williams did, even Pinball2000. Shame there wasn’t more decent games made on this system.

But about parts - the translites and cabinet decals are already available and new plastic set, plus apron and ramp decals are currently in the works.

It’s a shame i can’t keep this as hand planned to do a full playfield scan during its next shop job.

Last edited:
Still available because I've not committed to a buyer yet 😂

Or rather no one has sent me any money yet. Clock is ticking on a deposit, and I hate timewasters.

And also the fact that I still don't want to sell it LOL!

Last edited:
Blinding
I was almost having a fit watching that video.
Dont think Ive seen so much flashing in a game.,

If this is still for sale can you send us a pm with your number and we will contact you to arrange to see it and if ok we will buy it. We live in the same town.

there is no one to grab them to lift them on your own. high tops like 1812 even worse
At the risk of re-telling an anecdote (which OAPs like me are prone to doing)...I arrived home with my Stargate last year to find my wife had made herself scarce ( 5 sessions a week pumping iron in the gym but not there when some muscle was needed). I had to unload the machine as I needed to return the hired van. No way to shift it on my own...when along came a party of 6 walkers ( we live in the Peak District.) I persuaded them to unload it for me, which they did with good humour. Only downside was they kept referring to it as a ‘Space Invaders’ machine.

At the risk of re-telling an anecdote (which OAPs like me are prone to doing)...I arrived home with my Stargate last year to find my wife had made herself scarce ( 5 sessions a week pumping iron in the gym but not there when some muscle was needed). I had to unload the machine as I needed to return the hired van. No way to shift it on my own...when along came a party of 6 walkers ( we live in the Peak District.) I persuaded them to unload it for me, which they did with good humour. Only downside was they kept referring to it as a ‘Space Invaders’ machine.

Shame it wasn’t a Star Wars machine that the “walkers” helped with............

Back
Top Bottom