What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my uncle over, not playing much…😈

Every pin room needs a coffin. 😀

Mine’s got a shaker motor and smoke machine etc installed for Halloween.

It’s one less thing my wife will have to buy when I snuff it 😉

Attachments

• F4BEA369-4147-4A8D-A565-315A59A9B90F.jpeg
    F4BEA369-4147-4A8D-A565-315A59A9B90F.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 44
Good idea, save me reinventing wheel, can you ping me any details about the controls and voltages used please please? :)

No great secrets. Played around with several options and decided to keep it simple.
Stuck a long 6 gang extension lead inside and bought some remote control switches to turn devices on and off.

Most stuff is either 12v or 5v. Bought transformers off Amazon.

Tried to get something to rattle chains inside and that failed miserably so instead stuck an Amazon Echo inside and used the phone to play effects from Spotify. Easily the best thing I did.

Put a pinball knocker in to tap on the top of the lid (5v)

Put a shaker motor in (12v). It’s amazing how many young mums have decided to sit on the coffin to have photos taken. Sure there’s no connection there 😂
Built Kevin (a vampire) using a hideous mask from Amazon and stuffed an old suit jacket. Lit from below using an led light strip from Amazon (5v)

Utterly failed to work out a way to slightly lift and drop the lid back down due to the wright of the lid. Tried an offset motor but it struggled too much. Compromised by sliding the lid down 12” to reveal Kevin at all times. In hindsight a dropping lid and little children’s fingers are probably not a good mix.

Stuck a massage pillow motor inside to make a scratching noise but kids are bloody loud at Halloween so not really worthwhile.

Getting it out is a two person job due to the weight. Turns out my daughters boyfriends tend to scare easily 😤

We tend to have 200+ kids knock on Halloween so I must have traumatised a few.

My best set up though is still the smoking nuclear waste barrel I made. Simple to do and green leds and a smoke machine work really well.

No great secrets. Played around with several options and decided to keep it simple.
Stuck a long 6 gang extension lead inside and bought some remote control switches to turn devices on and off.

Most stuff is either 12v or 5v. Bought transformers off Amazon.

Tried to get something to rattle chains inside and that failed miserably so instead stuck an Amazon Echo inside and used the phone to play effects from Spotify. Easily the best thing I did.

Put a pinball knocker in to tap on the top of the lid (5v)

Put a shaker motor in (12v). It’s amazing how many young mums have decided to sit on the coffin to have photos taken. Sure there’s no connection there 😂
Built Kevin (a vampire) using a hideous mask from Amazon and stuffed an old suit jacket. Lit from below using an led light strip from Amazon (5v)

Utterly failed to work out a way to slightly lift and drop the lid back down due to the wright of the lid. Tried an offset motor but it struggled too much. Compromised by sliding the lid down 12” to reveal Kevin at all times. In hindsight a dropping lid and little children’s fingers are probably not a good mix.

Stuck a massage pillow motor inside to make a scratching noise but kids are bloody loud at Halloween so not really worthwhile.

Getting it out is a two person job due to the weight. Turns out my daughters boyfriends tend to scare easily 😤

We tend to have 200+ kids knock on Halloween so I must have traumatised a few.

My best set up though is still the smoking nuclear waste barrel I made. Simple to do and green leds and a smoke machine work really well.
Awesome, the goth is still strong in you 🥰

Cheers for the detail.👍 my mate is an undertaker so got this ‘dead’ cheep. He also offered me FOC a coffin that they use to bring back bodies from abroard. They don’t especially look coffin shaped though, and it would have smelt a bit of embalming fluid. I bought my coffin back on the top of the car. I drove slowly too for effect 😁

This is us at halloween:

Attachments

• IMG_2881.jpeg
    IMG_2881.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom