What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gloss paint that actually stays white ???

DRD

Registered
Does anyone know of quality gloss paint that does not yellow please ?

I used dulux once white gloss on internal woodwork (having primed it) 3 years ago and it is already going bad

Thanks

Dulux satin is better mate. Doesn’t yellow but needs applying over correctly prepped surface otherwise it’ll peel off like a mother ****er

Reactions: DRD
I has seen professional paint go yellow in a month . It’s all about the lack of sun light . Stick with the system you have done , 3 years is pretty good . New paint unfortunately has less oil in it now so it’s crap now

All oil based paints yellow to some degree, I used to repaint rooms every 12 months due to yellowing, it was always worse on paint that didn’t see as much natural light.

Water based paint doesn’t yellow, it’s all I use now, admittedly it’s not as hard wearing to knocks and bumps as oil based products, but even with that in mind it still doesn’t need repainting as frequently.

Chris.

I now use water based gloss and it doesnt yellow at all - however it is not as hard wearing and not quite as glossy. Saying that though I wouldnt use anything else now.

Cheers

Kev

I have used this stuff for years and it doesn't yellow. But it is satin not gloss and I don't know if the gloss would be the same.

I couldn't get it at one time so I used the equivalent dulux instead for one room and that all yellowed in about a year so I had to repaint with the crown. I have never used dulux since.

I have used this stuff for years and it doesn't yellow. But it is satin not gloss and I don't know if the gloss would be the same.

I couldn't get it at one time so I used the equivalent dulux instead for one room and that all yellowed in about a year so I had to repaint with the crown. I have never used dulux since.

The reason it doesn't yellow is that it's water based.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom