What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Gilligan's Island - Small Problem - £1300 (Saved from BREAKING)

PeteB

Registered
Alias
Random Username
PRICE - £1300
LOCATION - Sunderland

This game seems to have developed a problem with the coin door switches so I cannot set it to Free Play or load credits. See the video below.

It was working perfectly but always had slightly dodgy service buttons. I guess they've given up while it's sat in storage for a few months. No battery acid damage.

Otherwise it's not too bad. Has some LED's and playfield is typically average for this game. Could probably do with new decals if you're fussy and I can get you these for a big discount if you buy the game. Buyer to arrange collection/delivery as I can't be chewed on with the Martin lottery.

Video of issue:

Photos:

78776787777877878779787807878178782787837878478785787867878778788787897879078791787927879378794787957879678797787987879978800788017880278803

Last edited:
If this isn't sold by Friday 8th February then it will be broken down - game is worth at least £1900 in parts.

Start queuing up if you need WPC bits and pieces.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
@PeteB you've done some amazing restorations so fitting a new switch shouldn't tax the old grey matter too much and then this could sell as fully working?

Its a fun entry level dmd game but the fear of fixing a known fault might put off possible newbie buyers.

I played Gilligans Island at Glasgow expo and loved it, very fun game, but out of dosh or I'd have had this.

@PeteB you've done some amazing restorations so fitting a new switch shouldn't tax the old grey matter too much and then this could sell as fully working?

That’s the big problem here. I don’t have the time to fix it and my days of restorations are long gone.

I do however have 2 hours at the weekend to strip the thing down to its bones and put it all on eBay. I’m quite looking forward to that so I hope nobody buys it.

When I sold some of my spare Gilligans bits, there seemed more interest over the pond in US so maybe offer international shipping Pete.

Machine selling wise, no offence to the forum, but Ebay and Facebook generated more interest on mine.

Somebody should get this bought!

I bought the RS from Pete, all pretty much working within one evening, he just doesn't have time/space to take this on as a project.

Would be a cheap DMD game for someone.

If you break it up, could you post details of your income from her and where the bits end up?

Todd will help sell your game click the link or copy and paste.

If you break it up, could you post details of your income from her and where the bits end up?

Absolutely. There's so much money to be made in breaking down pinballs, I'd be happy to show this. Might encourage others to get all those project pins locked away in storage out and give the parts to people who actually need them.

Anyway the hammer is about to go down on this one. Clock is ticking as this is the last day....

Breaking once.... breaking twice.... ?

Absolutely. There's so much money to be made in breaking down pinballs, I'd be happy to show this. Might encourage others to get all those project pins locked away in storage out and give the parts to people who actually need them.

Anyway the hammer is about to go down on this one. Clock is ticking as this is the last day....

Breaking once.... breaking twice.... ?
Hey Pete ive got a replacement bank of door switches you can throw in if anyone takes and it doesn’t break, just PM me

I think the breaking for parts estimate of £1900 is very optimistic if you get that let me know and I will scrap at least 5 of my games inc ww bop gi

Going by eBay prices of sold listings I'm upto £1850 so far in parts. Will be various bits and pieces in there that I've not thought of yet. ;)

Obviously subject to about 13.5% in fees as well though.

SOLD!!!! You can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Shame to break any working pin.

But I guess folk are free to do what they will with their own stuff.

#spacejamgate @Will @cooldan @Matt Adams
?

Haha! I loved that Space Jam video.

Me and the guys from the firework company are planning to blow up a Hook with pyrotechnics sometime soon. Can't wait to see Pinside's reaction. ?

Last edited:
Going by eBay prices of sold listings I'm upto £1850 so far in parts. Will be various bits and pieces in there that I've not thought of yet. ;)

Obviously subject to about 13.5% in fees as well though.

I’d be interested to see a breakdown of that......beacause that would mean that a large proportion of WPC machines are worth more in bits than complete and working.

I can just about see it with unloved games (Gilligans, Hurricane maybe) especially if tatty, but seems odd to me that I could get more for my nice Dirty Harry as parts?

I’d be interested to see a breakdown of that......beacause that would mean that a large proportion of WPC machines are worth more in bits than complete and working.

I can just about see it with unloved games (Gilligans, Hurricane maybe) especially if tatty, but seems odd to me that I could get more for my nice Dirty Harry as parts?

This is why I think one needs to be put on the slab and broken up so that the hypothesis can be tested.

Gilligans is the perfect candidate imho.

I know people in the US who actively do this - buying projects and breaking them down for parts instead of doing restorations.

It's defintely worked a couple of times for me in the past with projects that were too far gone to save, got more them in parts than I did paying for the game as a project.

I'll dig out one of my spreadsheets and post it up later.

Reactions: DRD
I can image the issues you would have breaking a game like this!

Okay - sell the boards on ebay.

Wait up to 6 months then get an email saying:
"I bought this power driver board and as soon as I plugged it in it blew a fuse/a coil stuck on/something went bang - therefore i will be returning it"

You then argue back but PayPal will always side with them. They may even send you there original knackered board back and keep your good one - yes I am speaking from the voice of experience.

You did the right thing selling it as a project. It could be a switch issue on the CPU but as you said there is no leakage then thats gonna be a fix a lot of people can do. Or it could be a wire off or something daft.

I bin tons of parts from restoration jobs it’s just not worth the hassle generic used parts are worth nothing and if you are selling specific game parts for a game it’s always the same parts that are us ie ramps etc
It’s only the board set and a few other parts that have any value on a gi even the cab has limited appeal as only a few games used this style cab other than that turn table on gi playfield I cant see anything of any value
Cpu £100 on a good day fully working
Driver board £125
Display £100
Display driver board £50
Sound board £100
Transformers £75 pain to ship
Cab £75
Translite £30
Complete gi playfield £200
Coin door £20 if uk with mech £50
Other bits and bats £100

Back