What's new

Getting Dialed-in inside the house

DRD

Registered
How wide is the box that it comes in please ?

Can you put the boxed game on a regular sack barrow to move it ?

I am on hols and wondering whether to get the thing delivered relatively soon or whether to wait months for my pinshed floor to dry

WARNING - flow-screeded floors take 1 day per mm to dry out. You can walk on them after a few days, so you can use the room. But you cannot put tiles down

It gets even worse when the w@anker you booked to do the job does not show. Then fails to show again. Then wants to do the job when it is dark outside so you end up firing the long-faced idiot

How wide is the box that it comes in please ?

Can you put the boxed game on a regular sack barrow to move it ?

I am on hols and wondering whether to get the thing delivered relatively soon or whether to wait months for my pinshed floor to dry

WARNING - flow-screeded floors take 1 day per mm to dry out. You can walk on them after a few days, so you can use the room. But you cannot put tiles down

It gets even worse when the w@anker you booked to do the job does not show. Then fails to show again. Then wants to do the job when it is dark outside so you end up firing the long-faced idiot

At the time could your builder not have added an accelerant to the mix I think I had to do something like that in the past to speed up curing.

Cheers brian.

Thanks for the suggestion

I have been told about accelerants. And also about a dry screed that sets fully in 4 days.

But I have been beset by problems on my build. I am not in Surrey, where folk have money, I am in Nottinghamshire. The tradesmen here are used to buying cheap stuff. They have never heard of rubber roofs, or hardieplank.

So I decided it best to use a product that these guys understand.

The flowscreed is not even down yet. Most guys round here use flowscreed. So in the long run it seems my safest option. And having had nightmares with hardieplank and rubber roofs I am sick of fighting the realities of where I live. I could bring in guys from outside the area but then prices rocket and what happens if it goes wrong ? A friend of mine chose the 4 day fully set screed. This is designed for retail environments and sets like granite. They messed his job up and had to go back with grinders to sort it. He advised me against using them.

I have had similar problems with my bathroom this year. Things like wall mounted toilet frames, a steam room. The guys local to me just look lost. They grab the instructions, scratch their head. So I lose confidence in them and fire them

Box is 30.5" wide. After what happened to Kev's machine I'd either make the driver stay while you unbox it ( unlikely to agree to that) or video the whole thing.

Yes you can sack truck it, it's hard to pivot it over but doable.

You can get a special tile adhesive for "green" screed which you can use as soon as dry enough to walk on. Its expensive mind.

Or you can do what I've done in the past, which is cut out adhesive completely. You lay the screed, mix neat cement with water with a drill whisk, pour over floor 1 or 2 metres at a time, then lay tiles & bed them in with a small rubber mallet. This has to be done same day as screeding,before screed dries.So depending on how many square metres you have to do, might be a long day!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion

I have been told about accelerants. And also about a dry screed that sets fully in 4 days.

But I have been beset by problems on my build. I am not in Surrey, where folk have money, I am in Nottinghamshire. The tradesmen here are used to buying cheap stuff. They have never heard of rubber roofs, or hardieplank.

So I decided it best to use a product that these guys understand.

The flowscreed is not even down yet. Most guys round here use flowscreed. So in the long run it seems my safest option. And having had nightmares with hardieplank and rubber roofs I am sick of fighting the realities of where I live. I could bring in guys from outside the area but then prices rocket and what happens if it goes wrong ? A friend of mine chose the 4 day fully set screed. This is designed for retail environments and sets like granite. They messed his job up and had to go back with grinders to sort it. He advised me against using them.

I have had similar problems with my bathroom this year. Things like wall mounted toilet frames, a steam room. The guys local to me just look lost. They grab the instructions, scratch their head. So I lose confidence in them and fire them

Just done a dry screed a couple of weeks ago for an extension that consisted of cedar cladding outside and oak frame inside the floor is getting tiled.
As long as you take your time and get levels spot on nothing can go wrong for this screed I put a retarder in it to hold it back a little so I could go back the next day I give it a final polish and gives you half a chance to sort out any small low or high levels.

Back
Top Bottom