What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaming/office chair

PAX

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul Woollard
While watching the Chinwag, I see most people have a decent chair to park their a*** on.
What would you recommend getting (at a half decent price)20211226_111914.jpg

My current seat is no more comfortable than sitting on a brick but is about 80yrs old with some sentimental value, just rubbish really

While watching the Chinwag, I see most people have a decent chair to park their a*** on.
What would you recommend getting (at a half decent price)View attachment 155809

My current seat is no more comfortable than sitting on a brick but is about 80yrs old with some sentimental value, just rubbish really
You've got a Poang in the background - they are ludicrously comfy for watching TV/lounging, not so good for a desk tho. The chair you have - I can almost hear the squeak/creak as you move on it from the one my grandma had years ago.

Reactions: PAX
I have a Steelcase Leap
Not a gaming chair as such, but a proper office chair.
Usually from £600-1k if google is anything to go by 😳 but I got mine for a couple hundred £ off ebay years ago, ex office and reupholstered.

I guess offices yet rid of them when they close/move/replace and other businesses reupholster/refurbish them for us Joe public😊

I’ve just bought my lad a Herman Miller Aeron office chair for use with his gaming pc as a combined birthday/Christmas present.
Very impressed with the quality and comfort, mind you it cost £450 reconditioned from eBay and think they’re near on a grand new!
But after receiving it looks like it will last a lifetime the build quality is that good!

I’ve just bought my lad a Herman Miller Aeron office chair for use with his gaming pc as a combined birthday/Christmas present.
Very impressed with the quality and comfort, mind you it cost £450 reconditioned from eBay and think they’re near on a grand new!
But after receiving it looks like it will last a lifetime the build quality is that good!
I sold my Herman Miller to pay for the Secret Labs. I wasn't a fan of the HM and it was making my hip ache. My hip aches all the time, I think I might need a hip replacement, but I can sit in the Secret Labs chair all day long without any problems.

I sold my Herman Miller to pay for the Secret Labs. I wasn't a fan of the HM and it was making my hip ache. My hip aches all the time, I think I might need a hip replacement, but I can sit in the Secret Labs chair all day long without any problems.
Ah right, don’t tell my son 😆 He came to me asking for the HM and I assumed he’d done his homework.
To be honest I was shocked at the price but as his birthday is 5 days before Christmas I splashed out.
Hopefully the comfort/ hip thing is down to the individual and he’ll be fine because I don’t fancy forking out again anytime soon 😆

We have bma axia in our office and I brought one home with me at start of lockdown and we have since downsized office size due to permanent partial working from home so get to keep it permanently. They are about £1,000 new but there are used resellers online selling refurbished at £129 for the classic axia 1.0. 2ndhnd. Com have them. Bma have developed over the years and are now at version 2.4. Really robust comfortable ergonomic chairs that come with 10 year guarantee for commercial use when bought new.

Having gone through about a dozen different chairs, business/gaming (some seriously expensive)- Secret Lab is the only one worth getting. I have three titan Evo's one 2020 and two 22 model. they are seriously outstanding. Only chair I can spend 10 hours in and not feel terrible from. One of them is in the office to replace a Herman Miller chair!

Cheers, will check out those suggestions out 👍

If you value your back and can afford one +1 for a Herman Miller. It's built to support your spine but costs more than any other chair I know.

Logitech teamed up with them to make a 'gaming variant'

You'll be paying more to make it look better/gamer.

I've had Secret Lab, DX Racer and currently have 2 Noblechairs going to be honest here they do bugger all for your back and just made to look good.

That being said it'll be fair sight better than that wooden offering you have. 😂

My sister had back issues got her a Herman Miller and the back pain went.

I use this, it's from the Gottlieb factory.

After acquiring it I had it signed by Alvin, Wayne and several others from Gottlieb.

Attachments

• GTB chair (2).jpg
    GTB chair (2).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8
As someone who has never worked in an office my mind is blown about the whole chair thing 🤣🤣. Who knew. Now I want one of those snazzy secret lab ones.

Don't spend much time these days sat in front of a laptop so won't spend crazy money.
Better to buy a really good pair of work boots being on my feet all day

Instructions must be be poster size, and laminated

Anyone got the monster metal desk they do? Black just wouldn't do it with the wife's colour scheme

Back
Top Bottom