What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Futurama is finished...

*paulb*

Registered
Well, just about. Still needs more G.I., flash lamps and a load more software with sound/video clips and lamp effect sequences.

It's been in my office all week, and despite being rather tough quite a few of my colleagues found it fun to play - some got quite addicted. Many of them had never played pinball before - or only as a video game.

Just one stand-up target broke (I've redesigned it and fabbed a stronger piece), and a trough switch wire needed recrimping. Some ball hang-ups in the drop target slots - the targets need to be more level with the playfield when down.

It is, though, somewhat "brutal" to play. Needs some tweaks to the ball guide and post positions to cut down on centre drains, particularly off of the right loop exit. The loops feed to the other flipper! This is somewhat of a design cock-up, but I think I'm stuck with it now.

Looking forward to bringing it to some shows next year.

Excellent work sir. Remind us of the history? The table looks a bit like BK2K but I don't recognise it. Tell us the full tale or at least link to previous updates please?

nice work! i just cleaned up my drop target banks for my Skyrim DIY build! Its always inspiring to see others DIY pins.

Looks good! That centre drain looks a killer.

Is it scratch built or have you modded an existing pin?

Great to know you are nearly there. Played the very basic whitewood that Iike Nick said was at the Northampton Saints show back in 2009.
Look forward to another game now nearly finished sometime in the near future.

Cool stuff! I can't wait to see it at a show

I've always had it in my head that one day I will build my own Futurama table, as it's my favorite theme that hasn't had a commercial release yet,

Thanks very much gents. Yes, as Nick said, it is the same machine that started out as a very very basic beigewood at Northampton back in 2009 (played by Steve Ritchie - he pointed out that the flippers didn't work properly). It also appeared at the 2010 and 2011 Daventry shows with at bit more progress each time. It had a horrible looking ramp design in 2011 that has been redone. In all it's only taken 6 years to make!

It has custom designed cabinet, playfield, layout, game play, electronics, and software; I tried to use the minimum amount of original pinball mechanisms and parts. Playfield, plastics and other bits and bobs milled on my homemade CNC machine.

Back
Top Bottom