What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuse Advice

Andypc

Registered
Just went to turn on Williams Diner and nothing happened. Was working perfectly last night when I switched it off. So I checked the main fuse in the plug and it has no continuity. Just wanted to check the correct value fuse to use in the plug. The current fuse claims to be 7A which I have not seen in a UK plug before.

Last edited:
Just read this on Pinball Mania when I search for 7Amp Fuse. Pinball Mania sell 7Amp plug fuses.

"7A fuse for wall plug. 5A fuses can blow unexpectedly due to fuse fatigue, even though there's no fault. The next commonly available fuse is 13A which doesn't afford the best protection and may not blow sufficiently fast in a fault condition."

Looks like 7Amp on some machines might be the safer option. The really good news is I tried a 5amp fuse in the plug for Diner and it's all working again, Panic Over :)

In the "good old days" they used to sell 1/3/5/7/10/13's. Not so much any more....

BS1363 has standardised on just two preferred fuse ratings, 3A and 13A, however any fuse rating up to 13A can still be used. Found this out a few years ago. PAT testing was 5 fuses, 3A,5A,7A,10A and 13Amp. Now, just two are used to "pass its test"

Back
Top Bottom