What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fruit machines are they worth having ?

♥️

Someone i think has already done this.... see them very occasionally on Ebay/some of the board. Why they havent carried on and filled the gap in the market i dont know... maybe someone has muttered "IP"... :(
Yeah Repoch, it was a clone pcb with new components but the asic and audio chips had to be transferred across as they are long discontinued now and the asic has custom firmware.

My plan is similar but I’ll be designing my own pcb not just straight clone, so will remove a lot of the connectors etc… But I’ll also have to transfer a few chips from doner boards.

@Andy Hancock did you find and buy a fruit machine? My old mate from school days is looking to relive his 80's-90's youth, and have one in his games room. I'm suggesting he goes via a forum/collectiors community so he can get help when it stops working!

Would be grateful to learn from your experience.... thanks

@Andy Hancock did you find and buy a fruit machine? My old mate from school days is looking to relive his 80's-90's youth, and have one in his games room. I'm suggesting he goes via a forum/collectiors community so he can get help when it stops working!

Would be grateful to learn from your experience.... thanks
Sorry no I didn't . On balance I decided I agreed with a lot of the comments that without the gambling aspect I wouldn't enjoy it

@MadNat I've bought and sold a fair few over the past 2 years and the majority of them are really boring without the actual chance of winning of any real money. The older affordable stuff (lates 90s/early 2000s) that had skill features or stuff you knew how you could get the jackpot are more enjoyable than the newer Deal or No Deal kinda thing. I have a few modern things awaiting to be sold (or dumped) but the only one I enjoy actually playing that doesn't cost a nonsense amount is JPMs Red Arrow. Still here (for now - literally the only one I've kept longer than 6 months). The older 80s classics like Grab the Bank, Line Up or Rat Race are around the 2k figure now :'(

Thanks @Jason Catrine - he was showing me an ad for a Deal or No Deal actually... I did question if this was what he really wanted... Around 1982-1988 I only really remember Cops n Robbers and an Andy Capp (Ithink)... at Millers and Tuby's amusements in Whitby there were loads of different ones, can't remember them all...

Someone contacted me looking to sell a Monty Python Flying Circus Fruit Machine Made in 2000, anyone interested? If so PM me and I will pass on your details.

Back
Top Bottom