What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Terms and conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many progressive viewpoints/language have roots with students and universities, not sure what Vee's said here to get so much flack 🤔

"Boomers include anyone born between 1946 and 1964 while Gen Z encompasses those born from 1997 to 2012, many of whom are beginning to enter the workforce."

I'm in no mans land. I was born in 69.

Actually, is it no "persons" land? What do you say these days? No person LGBTQ+ non binary land.

So Vee hasn't offended me :D

• Haha
Reactions: JMP
"Boomers include anyone born between 1946 and 1964 while Gen Z encompasses those born from 1997 to 2012, many of whom are beginning to enter the workforce."

Actually, is it no "persons" land? What do you say these days? No person LGBTQ+ non binary land.

You forgot the A's and the I's.. Thats them/they/? offended now too..

I think Gen-X is in the middle

You're Gen X like me.

Anyone thinking university=more educated clearly hasn’t seen some of the dross we’re sending there on a regular basis.

Want to study Criminology at UEL? One of our less able students has just been offered an unconditional place there. Actually passing a level 3 / A level is way beyond her. So is turning up or not being vile. Good to know as tax payers we’ll be paying for it 😱

Get with the times Phil, you also have to be offended on behalf of other people these days too

Hi all

I posted something similar on a whatsapp group this morning – today has been a very difficult day, but I wanted to just add my perspective.

I’m British Chinese – I was born in London and have lived here basically my whole life. Growing up here as a Chinese child was at times very unpleasant; being called a “ch*nk” or “ch*nky” and having “ching-chong” noises made at me countless times. I hope everyone can understand how crap that might feel, getting discriminated against simply by how you look and the colour of your skin and not through anything you may have done. Thankfully things have improved significantly but there's still plenty of work to do.

Everyone can help. For example, please don't call Chinese restaurants a "ch*nky" and please help correct others who do - I understand this and words like these may have been commonplace in the past but they are still unpleasant and derogatory terms even if absolutely no offence is intended. If you overhear or are present when someone is using any kind of racial slurs, or outdated racial language (intentional or not) – please do say something. Only in that way do things start to change.

For what’s it’s worth, I don’t think there was any malice or ill-intent at all in the words that were used - it was more ignorance and naivety, but the language used was clearly racist and unacceptable as the moderators have said. How this has all panned out is very unfortunate, but action absolutely did need to be taken.

I’ve been playing pinball for 3 or 4 years now. One of the things I love about it is that everyone is treated equally – everyone from all backgrounds, genders, ages, countries etc can play or compete together and just have fun with it. It’s been a really welcoming and wonderful community and I count many of you all as good friends.

Please let’s all work together to keep it that way.

I'm pretty disgusted @Jackpot shared something really powerful and everyone ignores it and starts taking the **** again and thinks its a joke...

Just shows the worth of the people posting... And the term wouldn't pis$$ on them if they were on fire comes to mind

I would like to point out @VeeMonroe point of non-university-educated boomers... is a load of tosh

Racism generally comes from upbring and living environment and transends education and wealth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom