What's new

Sold For sale. Ghostbusters pro

Surely a newbie would do a bit of research before posting. It’s not as if it’s a couple of quid. Mind you he could have said he had an LE or premium, a lot of pros were sold in the UK.. But no pics come on. First pin and never took photos of it

I think it’s a good thing the community is looking out for each other. No one wants to see anyone scammed on here.

I think it’s a scam (I hope I am wrong), for a number of reasons:
- New member with no introduction
- Minimal description and no photos, not even one. Stated ’bought from Stern’ 🤔
- Why not go to eBay and how did they find this site?
- Use of words in the posts looks suspicious

I would love to see this as an genuine for sale post, but I think it’s VERY unlikely.

Another add with no pics, why would you come on here brand new and put a pin up for sale without any pics and pay a donation?

At least the seller is not on a Scottish Island.

This is interesting as the donation scheme was also for a bit of security to keep scammers away.

To be fair he's not the first to start a for sale post with no pictures, a number of members on here have done this. Clearly being a new member raises to eyebrows.

To be fair he's not the first to start a for sale post with no pictures, a number of members on here have done this. Clearly being a new member raises to eyebrows.
Very true, it’s probably legit and someone who ‘picks it up‘ without paying a deposit will be very happy.

This is interesting as the donation scheme was also for a bit of security to keep scammers away.
It wasnt specifically to "keep them away"....
It was to give an audit trail should there be any issues - i.e. If the police get involved and request information via official channels - this way we have more to offer them than "well the names are all made up, the locations etc" we can provide IP's and related Paypal information, which gives them a trail to follow.
Without it, it would be a case of "we have an ipaddress, which could feasibly be used by '000's of people a day..."

Never used, hoping will never have to.... just a bit of a net

It wasnt specifically to "keep them away"....
It was to give an audit trail should there be any issues - i.e. If the police get involved and request information via official channels - this way we have more to offer them than "well the names are all made up, the locations etc" we can provide IP's and related Paypal information, which gives them a trail to follow.
Without it, it would be a case of "we have an ipaddress, which could feasibly be used by '000's of people a day..."

Never used, hoping will never have to.... just a bit of a net
That why I said it was interesting and for a ’bit’ of security but also to bring it to peoples attention, no doubt someone’s paypal account can be hacked.
Also getting the police to look into something like this, good luck with that.

Common sense anyway but we all know people get overexcited and do silly things on the spur of the moment, I mean look how desperate people are getting for pins right now.
Very safe place to buy and sell here as long as you or someone knows the seller👍

Have no idea how this threads gone south so quick , guys this is pinfever taking over calm down
Calm down on here, your joking right😂 Best part of this forum is a bit of chaos, we need more Lizard gates etc😛

1651050772659.jpeg

Be interesting to see how this turns out. I have a GB Pro and love it. I've not seen any getting offered up lately, maybe with the new film release and rejuvenated interest in the theme ppl have been more inclined to hold onto them.

Hi all. Its sold as of now, pending the buyer coming to have a look.
Couldn't ask for a more welcoming bunch of people.
Hopefully none of you ever get called up for jury service, no one would be innocent.
All jokes aside its good that you guys look out for one another

Had a wanted ad on here for months for a GB pro. Come in to find 50 posts and sold already 😂

Had a wanted ad on here for months for a GB pro. Come in to find 50 posts and sold already 😂
Within 1 minute of being posted by the looks of it! There's a Ghostbusters in the Funhouse Arcade in Whitby (upstairs) - I don't know how long they've had it or whether they'd be interested in a sale, but might be an option :hmm:

Within 1 minute of being posted by the looks of it! There's a Ghostbusters in the Funhouse Arcade in Whitby (upstairs) - I don't know how long they've had it or whether they'd be interested in a sale, but might be an option :hmm:

I'm thinking I may have to tempt someone with a straight trade. Got a TWD I'm going to get powdercoated and offer up for trade, if not for GB then for something else that I can try and trade for a GB at a later date!

Trades seems to be the way to go these days

Hi all. Its sold as of now, pending the buyer coming to have a look.
Couldn't ask for a more welcoming bunch of people.
Hopefully none of you ever get called up for jury service, no one would be innocent.
All jokes aside its good that you guys look out for one another
Definitely guilty until they give us pic's :D
Hope the buyer is happy with it :) How many pm's did you get in the end?

Definitely guilty until they give us pic's :D
Hope the buyer is happy with it :) How many pm's did you get in the end?

I will update everyone when it's complete.
Lots of pms. Thought there would be quit a few, but not this many.

I just feel bad for the guys that missed out.
If it all goes tits up I will look at the next person on The list.

I will update everyone when it's complete.
Lots of pms. Thought there would be quit a few, but not this many.

I just feel bad for the guys that missed out.
If it all goes tits up I will look at the next person on The list.
Don’t forget the site donation 👌

Back
Top Bottom