What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foo fighters sick accessories

It’s a pass on all of them for me, not super excited and I can put the money towards a good chunk of my next game

New code with some great new features. Not out yet but due today.

Prem change log:

V1.00.0 - March 12, 2024
================================
== FEATURE CHANGES ==

COMBOS
- Combos must now be collected at the Overlord.
- Any time a combo is running (at least 2 shots), the Overlord will light to collect the combo.
- Collecting the combo at the Overlord will add it to your Best of You combo board,
scores 3x the current combo value (or 5x if you hit the back target inside the Overlord),
and ends the combo.
- Each combo collected will increases the COMBO COUNT on the combotron display,
and if it is a top 3 combo it will go into the Best of You chart.
- After 6 combos collected this way, Combotron Multiball is lit.
- The number of combos to qualify the next Combotron Multiball is increased by 3
each time Combotron Multiball is finished.

COMBOTRON MULTIBALL
- During Combotron multiball, lit combos score based on their color and keep the Combotron music playing;
if you take too long to continue the combo, the music will stop and combo color levels will be reset.
- Hit any red combo to light Overlord for Combotron Jackpot.
- Hitting unique red combos will increase the Combotron Jackpot multiplier, to a maximum of 5x.
- Combotron jackpot value is 20% of all combo shot values made, including any Foobot shot multipliers
but not including Playfield X or Raygun X.
- add combotron multiball achievements
- Add high score entries for Combotron Multiball and Combotron Combo Collect Champion

TOY TIME MULTIBALL
- Light TOY TIME MULTIBALL
- With topper installed:
- Collect all 6 Band Member Combos to light Toy Time Multiball.
- With the topper installed, collecting a band member combo will light the band member on
the front of the topper. By default, these lights carry across players and games
unless competition is installed. This behavior can be altered by the adjustment:

TOPPER FEATURE PERSIST BEHAVIOR -
This adjustment controls whether or not band members to qualify Toy Time multiball
carry across players and games, or always start fresh each player, each game.
* PERSIST UNLESS COMPETITION (default) - band member topper light progress is shared
amongst players and carry across games unless Competition Mode is installed.
* ALWAYS PERSIST - band member topper lights always carry over across players and games.
* NEVER PERSIST - band member topper lights are not shared between players and do not carry
over between games.
- With no topper installed:
- Collect all 6 Band Member Combos and the 6 cities to light Toy Time Multiball.

- TOY TIME MULTIBALL Rules
- Make a band member shot, then collect enough switches to light band member jackpot,
or continue hitting shots to build the jackpot value.
- Hit both Overlord targets to light Overlord lock for a timed lock where all switches count
double towards lighting jackpot and shots boost the jackpot twice as much.
- Each band member jackpot adds a ball and lets you repeat the process with another band member
- Once all band member jackpots have been collected, collect the Foobot Jackpot at the Overlord
for big points + instantly award a Foobot part (unless you have all parts, then it will instantly upgrade a part).

MODULATOR FRENZY
- Lit as the second Bot Award
- Started at the mod-u-lator paddle target
- While Modulator Frenzy is running, the mods will quickly cycle continuously, drop targets will stay down,
and each paddle hit will upgrade the currently lit mod until the mode ends
- If a Van Mode is running while Modulator Frenzy is running, shots to the paddle will instantly either add time,
boost scoring, or spot a shot in the current van mode.
- If Modulator Frenzy is running and a wizard mode is started, it will be paused and continued once the wizard mode finishes.

RULE TWEAKS:
- Extra ball will now light after 10 bots collected, instead of the 2nd Bot Award.
An additional Extra Ball will light after 30 bots collected.
- Bot Frenzy now starts with a ball saver time equal to the number of bots destroyed (in seconds).
- Added Bots Hit bonus that scores 50k per bot hit throughout the game.
- Removed "best of you" from bonus calculation.
- Bot Bonus will now always be awarded for every Bot Award, in addition to the Bot Award given
(previously was only given as the 5th Bot Award).
- Changed how Bomb Bonus works for Chicago: now the bomb bonus uses the base value of 2 million (instead of 3.5 million).
This brings these modes in line with the other modes when using bomb bonuses.
- Improved scoring balance of modes:
- Seattle increment value: 200k --> 250k
- Roswell base value: 1.5mil --> 1.75mil
- New Orleans inc value: 200k --> 150k
- In New York, lowered the spinner lockout period from 3 seconds to 1 seconds.
- In New York, shooting the spinner while it is in the build lockout period will now add 3 seconds to the mode timer
- Max build amount from spinner in New York is now 5 million.
- Tweak base combo scoring: Now is 25,000 + 5,000 for each band member combo made this game.
Band member combos can only be collected once each.
- Band Member combos now increment in score +2.5 mil
- Add new adjustment "OVERDRIVE COMP. BALL SAVE IN MBALL" which,
when used in conjunction with the OVERDRIVE COMPENSATION BALL SAVE TIME,
determines of the compensation ball save will be applied during multiballs. Default NO.
- Added mystery award "SPOT BAND MEMBER" that will spot a band member combo. Once awarded,
this mystery award isn't available again until you make a band member combo by shots
on the playfield.
- Upper playfield spinner now builds Area51 jackpot value 1k/spin

SPEECH
- Added Overlord speech, featured in Toy Time Multiball.
- Added FooBot and Roadie instructional speech.
- Added Sonic Radio DJ speech.

DISPLAY AND LIGHTS
- Improve the progress bar for van modes to show discrete units so you can tell your exact progress.
- Change color of Area 51 arrow inserts to identify it as Area 51 shots vs. Overlord shots.
- Add Band Member Combos to instant info.
- Add jackpot values to display of Foobot Multiball while choosing a band member, improve award light effects.
- Properly unify the band member jackpot counter and Overlord hit counter so
once the Overlord is lit for add a ball the band member shot turns off.
- Added bonus light effects.
- Improve text layouts on Area 51 animations.
- Mask out outlane lights for some awards.
- Flash the radio targets when Sonic Radio is next award.

== BUG FIXES ==
- Mask out the arrow lights during Area51 intro lightshow so you can see the lit shots
- Fix bug where hitting a van mode shot during grace period wouldn't resurrect the timer properly
- Fix an issue where BOT AWARD would blink when it could not be awarded.
- Fix instant info showing the incorrect shot multiplier for foobot parts in some cases

== SYSTEM 3.64 ==
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.15.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "HOME TEAM MENU LOGS IN USER #1", which controls the
whether the first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start. Values are:
"NO" -- No one is automatically logged in at game start, default value
"YES" -- The first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start
- Added Standard Adjustment "ACTION BUTTON BEHAVIOR", which controls the
behavior of the lockdown bar action button. Values are:
"DISABLED" -- action button does nothing in attract mode
"ENTER GAME PLAY MENU" -- action button enters the game play selection screen
"START GAME" -- action button start a game, default value
- Updated Service Menu->Util->Install->Home to set:
"FREE PLAY" to YES
"HSTD INITIALS" to 10 LETTER NAME
"HSTD RESET COUNT" to OFF
"KNOCKER VOLUME" to LOW
"USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" to FREE PLAY ONLY
- Updated Service Menu->Util->Install->Competition to set:
"COMPETITION MODE" to YES
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT" to NO
"TILT_WARNINGS" to 2
"GAME_RESTART" to NO
"COIN DOOR BALL SAVER" YES
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT" to YES
"LOST BALL RECOVERY" to NO
"PLAYER GAME MODE" to NO
"ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to NEVER
"ACTION BUTTON BEHAVIOR" to DISABLED
"USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" to OFF
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT" to NO EXTRA BALLS
"START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" to SINGLE CREDIT
"TARGET GAME TIME" to NO TARGET TIME
"TIMED PLUNGER" to OFF
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH" to OFF
- Recommended steps to configure a game for a tournament are:
Service Menu->Util->Install->Default Setting
Service Menu->Util->Install->Competition
- Changed Play Again screen so that it will restart the previously selected Game Play Mode.
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

New code with some great new features. Not out yet but due today.

Prem change log:

V1.00.0 - March 12, 2024
================================
== FEATURE CHANGES ==

COMBOS
- Combos must now be collected at the Overlord.
- Any time a combo is running (at least 2 shots), the Overlord will light to collect the combo.
- Collecting the combo at the Overlord will add it to your Best of You combo board,
scores 3x the current combo value (or 5x if you hit the back target inside the Overlord),
and ends the combo.
- Each combo collected will increases the COMBO COUNT on the combotron display,
and if it is a top 3 combo it will go into the Best of You chart.
- After 6 combos collected this way, Combotron Multiball is lit.
- The number of combos to qualify the next Combotron Multiball is increased by 3
each time Combotron Multiball is finished.

COMBOTRON MULTIBALL
- During Combotron multiball, lit combos score based on their color and keep the Combotron music playing;
if you take too long to continue the combo, the music will stop and combo color levels will be reset.
- Hit any red combo to light Overlord for Combotron Jackpot.
- Hitting unique red combos will increase the Combotron Jackpot multiplier, to a maximum of 5x.
- Combotron jackpot value is 20% of all combo shot values made, including any Foobot shot multipliers
but not including Playfield X or Raygun X.
- add combotron multiball achievements
- Add high score entries for Combotron Multiball and Combotron Combo Collect Champion

TOY TIME MULTIBALL
- Light TOY TIME MULTIBALL
- With topper installed:
- Collect all 6 Band Member Combos to light Toy Time Multiball.
- With the topper installed, collecting a band member combo will light the band member on
the front of the topper. By default, these lights carry across players and games
unless competition is installed. This behavior can be altered by the adjustment:

TOPPER FEATURE PERSIST BEHAVIOR -
This adjustment controls whether or not band members to qualify Toy Time multiball
carry across players and games, or always start fresh each player, each game.
* PERSIST UNLESS COMPETITION (default) - band member topper light progress is shared
amongst players and carry across games unless Competition Mode is installed.
* ALWAYS PERSIST - band member topper lights always carry over across players and games.
* NEVER PERSIST - band member topper lights are not shared between players and do not carry
over between games.
- With no topper installed:
- Collect all 6 Band Member Combos and the 6 cities to light Toy Time Multiball.

- TOY TIME MULTIBALL Rules
- Make a band member shot, then collect enough switches to light band member jackpot,
or continue hitting shots to build the jackpot value.
- Hit both Overlord targets to light Overlord lock for a timed lock where all switches count
double towards lighting jackpot and shots boost the jackpot twice as much.
- Each band member jackpot adds a ball and lets you repeat the process with another band member
- Once all band member jackpots have been collected, collect the Foobot Jackpot at the Overlord
for big points + instantly award a Foobot part (unless you have all parts, then it will instantly upgrade a part).

MODULATOR FRENZY
- Lit as the second Bot Award
- Started at the mod-u-lator paddle target
- While Modulator Frenzy is running, the mods will quickly cycle continuously, drop targets will stay down,
and each paddle hit will upgrade the currently lit mod until the mode ends
- If a Van Mode is running while Modulator Frenzy is running, shots to the paddle will instantly either add time,
boost scoring, or spot a shot in the current van mode.
- If Modulator Frenzy is running and a wizard mode is started, it will be paused and continued once the wizard mode finishes.

RULE TWEAKS:
- Extra ball will now light after 10 bots collected, instead of the 2nd Bot Award.
An additional Extra Ball will light after 30 bots collected.
- Bot Frenzy now starts with a ball saver time equal to the number of bots destroyed (in seconds).
- Added Bots Hit bonus that scores 50k per bot hit throughout the game.
- Removed "best of you" from bonus calculation.
- Bot Bonus will now always be awarded for every Bot Award, in addition to the Bot Award given
(previously was only given as the 5th Bot Award).
- Changed how Bomb Bonus works for Chicago: now the bomb bonus uses the base value of 2 million (instead of 3.5 million).
This brings these modes in line with the other modes when using bomb bonuses.
- Improved scoring balance of modes:
- Seattle increment value: 200k --> 250k
- Roswell base value: 1.5mil --> 1.75mil
- New Orleans inc value: 200k --> 150k
- In New York, lowered the spinner lockout period from 3 seconds to 1 seconds.
- In New York, shooting the spinner while it is in the build lockout period will now add 3 seconds to the mode timer
- Max build amount from spinner in New York is now 5 million.
- Tweak base combo scoring: Now is 25,000 + 5,000 for each band member combo made this game.
Band member combos can only be collected once each.
- Band Member combos now increment in score +2.5 mil
- Add new adjustment "OVERDRIVE COMP. BALL SAVE IN MBALL" which,
when used in conjunction with the OVERDRIVE COMPENSATION BALL SAVE TIME,
determines of the compensation ball save will be applied during multiballs. Default NO.
- Added mystery award "SPOT BAND MEMBER" that will spot a band member combo. Once awarded,
this mystery award isn't available again until you make a band member combo by shots
on the playfield.
- Upper playfield spinner now builds Area51 jackpot value 1k/spin

SPEECH
- Added Overlord speech, featured in Toy Time Multiball.
- Added FooBot and Roadie instructional speech.
- Added Sonic Radio DJ speech.

DISPLAY AND LIGHTS
- Improve the progress bar for van modes to show discrete units so you can tell your exact progress.
- Change color of Area 51 arrow inserts to identify it as Area 51 shots vs. Overlord shots.
- Add Band Member Combos to instant info.
- Add jackpot values to display of Foobot Multiball while choosing a band member, improve award light effects.
- Properly unify the band member jackpot counter and Overlord hit counter so
once the Overlord is lit for add a ball the band member shot turns off.
- Added bonus light effects.
- Improve text layouts on Area 51 animations.
- Mask out outlane lights for some awards.
- Flash the radio targets when Sonic Radio is next award.

== BUG FIXES ==
- Mask out the arrow lights during Area51 intro lightshow so you can see the lit shots
- Fix bug where hitting a van mode shot during grace period wouldn't resurrect the timer properly
- Fix an issue where BOT AWARD would blink when it could not be awarded.
- Fix instant info showing the incorrect shot multiplier for foobot parts in some cases

== SYSTEM 3.64 ==
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.15.0
- Added Standard Adjustment "HOME TEAM MENU LOGS IN USER #1", which controls the
whether the first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start. Values are:
"NO" -- No one is automatically logged in at game start, default value
"YES" -- The first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start
- Added Standard Adjustment "ACTION BUTTON BEHAVIOR", which controls the
behavior of the lockdown bar action button. Values are:
"DISABLED" -- action button does nothing in attract mode
"ENTER GAME PLAY MENU" -- action button enters the game play selection screen
"START GAME" -- action button start a game, default value
- Updated Service Menu->Util->Install->Home to set:
"FREE PLAY" to YES
"HSTD INITIALS" to 10 LETTER NAME
"HSTD RESET COUNT" to OFF
"KNOCKER VOLUME" to LOW
"USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" to FREE PLAY ONLY
- Updated Service Menu->Util->Install->Competition to set:
"COMPETITION MODE" to YES
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT" to NO
"TILT_WARNINGS" to 2
"GAME_RESTART" to NO
"COIN DOOR BALL SAVER" YES
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT" to YES
"LOST BALL RECOVERY" to NO
"PLAYER GAME MODE" to NO
"ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to NEVER
"ACTION BUTTON BEHAVIOR" to DISABLED
"USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" to OFF
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT" to NO EXTRA BALLS
"START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" to SINGLE CREDIT
"TARGET GAME TIME" to NO TARGET TIME
"TIMED PLUNGER" to OFF
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH" to OFF
- Recommended steps to configure a game for a tournament are:
Service Menu->Util->Install->Default Setting
Service Menu->Util->Install->Competition
- Changed Play Again screen so that it will restart the previously selected Game Play Mode.
- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

Well bladdy hell that's quite a lot of new shizz.

Ah, stuff it - no buyer’s remorse here. The whole package looks amazing, love the topper working with the expression lights, and code’s looking great. New multiballs look great fun.
Suspect the call-outs may get trimmed a bit - there’s a helluva lot now!

The callouts are a bit much 😄
Yeah I just had a few games, they defo need trimming back. I personally think the topper is an absolute joke at $2k , I'd struggle to justify it at £500. What's it gonna cost by the time it get here? £2.5k? ridiculous.

Yeah I just had a few games, they defo need trimming back. I personally think the topper is an absolute joke at $2k , I'd struggle to justify it at £500. What's it gonna cost by the time it get here? £2.5k? ridiculous.
Agree on the price of course - but I went premium rather than LE to save cash for a topper so in for a penny I guess. Emotionally committed 🤣
Topper and expression lights came in at under £2.1k shipped but I guess I’ll take an import tax hit too.

I'm not really a topper person, but that one does look good. Dawn saw it on their Insta and was thinking she'd found a great birthday present for me, then she realised the price!!! Can't see I'd pay £2k for it. I assume they sell at that price point, or they wouldn't make them.

Combotron MB is pretty cool, there's a nice touch with Rami playing the notes of the Combos at the start to calculate the shot values. Definitely a lot more callouts now!

Thankfully, Stern's usual slow download speed meant that it wasn't updated before Josh went home last night which means I got to put my name up on my own machine again, though I suspect I won't remain Combotron Multiball Champion for long...

I'm going to order the accessories if anyone wants any....

I wasn't going to but seems plenty of demand.

Phil

I'm not really a topper person, but that one does look good. Dawn saw it on their Insta and was thinking she'd found a great birthday present for me, then she realised the price!!! Can't see I'd pay £2k for it. I assume they sell at that price point, or they wouldn't make them.

Combotron MB is pretty cool, there's a nice touch with Rami playing the notes of the Combos at the start to calculate the shot values. Definitely a lot more callouts now!

Thankfully, Stern's usual slow download speed meant that it wasn't updated before Josh went home last night which means I got to put my name up on my own machine again, though I suspect I won't remain Combotron Multiball Champion for long...

I'd love a GB topper, but £2k for a bit of plastic blows my mind. I could have 2 x TAFs for that back in the day 😂

Appx prices...

topper $2k - £2k UK with VAT & inward freight.
expression lighting RRP $499 - £500 UK with VAT & inward freight.
shooter knob RRP $225 - £225 UK with VAT & inward freight.
side blades RRP $100 - £100 UK with VAT & inward freight.

Phil

Installed topper (I know, I know 🤣) and expression lights yesterday - I held off playing much of the new code until they were in.
I mean, it was great before but holy cow - what a blast this game is!

Installed topper (I know, I know 🤣) and expression lights yesterday - I held off playing much of the new code until they were in.
I mean, it was great before but holy cow - what a blast this game is!
You got the topper ?

Back
Top Bottom