What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper Problem

stevefrith

Site Supporter
The lower left flipper on my Roadshow has just stopped working.

The middle and upper left flippers work fine.

I can't see anything obvious....

- the wires to the solenoid and EOS switch look OK
- the fuses are working on the fliptronic board
- there is no issue showing in the switch test.
- the solenoid test (all solenoids) for some reason is not operational so I can't run this

Any advice would be appreciated as this one is a complete mystery!

Steve

Good shout thanks
... The test works with door closed, unfortunately there is no test in this menu for the flipper solenoids.

Have you a multimeter? Try checking the resistance of the coil first with the game switched off.

Good shout thanks
... The test works with door closed, unfortunately there is no test in this menu for the flipper solenoids.

There will be somewhere, I’d be very surprised if you can test the flippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test menu T12 - test all 4 flipper coil hold and main power there. Coin door close to enable high power.

I've tried measuring the resistance - registering @ 140 approx. on both coils so that seem OK also?

ive run test 12, the left flipper has no power, the others test ok

Reseat the relevant connectors in the backbox and check the wiring as you do so. During test, press start button and it’ll tell you the colour of the wires and which connectors to check [emoji106]

I've reseated both connectors on the fliptronic board, and still no joy

I've reseated both connectors on the fliptronic board, and still no joy

The connectors on the power drive board should be the ones to check - on my AFM it’s J119 & J120.
Right flipper stopped working on mine once until I reseated J120 - worth a try.

Check the coil winding wires - they can break near the solder tabs. Had that a few times. Have checked that you have power to the coil also?

I've checked Garry and can't see any break in the wire and there does seem to be power in the coil. Bloody mystery this one!

I had some weird flipper problem recently on TZ, checked everything and no joy.
I was told to disconnect the eos connector on the fliptronic board, I did that and all worked perfect.
My problem was the ribbon cable that connects cpu, fliptronics, sound and dmd.
This also helped somebody on pinside the other day.
Worth a try.

Thanks for the suggestion, worth a try but it didn't work unfortunately. I swapped out the ribbon connector, no change. I disconnected the EOS connector on the fliptronic board (J906) and lost the display. Aaaaag!!

Problem is solved :)

It was a fuse on the fliptronic board. Weirdly it was fuse F902 which should be the one that links to the upper left flipper not the lower left - but I'm not complaining.

Thanks to all for helpful advice...

Back
Top Bottom