What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper issues on Black Knight SOR

Kenny Taylor

Registered
The left flipper has always been problematic. However it’s been getting worse where it sometimes does not flip when you push the button. Now I’ve tried to regap the flipper cab switch. Sometimes fixes it for a short while but has made it worse too.

How do you regap this switch or is it best just buying a new one ?

Darn I used to do that with my old Williams pins. Not thinking it’s essentially just the same tech. I did think about using the fibreglass pencil. Completely forgot about the cardboard trick..

I've had a no flip situation a few times on my Deadpool. It was the connector ( once again ) onto the node board near the trough ( Node 8 ) . Reseating fixed it for a while but I ended up repinning the connector which seems to have fixed it. On DP it was a black connector, CN9.

Last edited:
Tried reseating that black connector on node 8 Andy get seems to have made it worse. The left flipper is not working at all now. Right flipper is strong though. Definitely that connection, as disconnecting removes power from both flippers.
Got a tech alert error too now..

Tried reseating that black connector on node 8 Andy get seems to have made it worse. The left flipper is not working at all now. Right flipper is strong though. Definitely that connection, as disconnecting removes power from both flippers.
Got a tech alert error too now..
Sounds like it needs repinning then. 1 pin on mine had actually broken off within the connector.

Remove the connector then pop each pin out one at a time, if they look ok push back in. You'll probably find 1 that comes out in bits or twisted.

Those switch leaves shouldn't be touching each other until the button is pushed.

In the black connector...no, no pin should be touching the one next to it.

Thanks for your help. Gave up with my tail between my legs. Unfortunately the left flipper has completely given up. going to have to check continuity between the flipper cab switch and the connector, the connector and pins on CN9 to rule everything out. Might need a completely new connector or repin cn9 which feels secure, honestly don’t have the soldering skills for that tiny work. Not got another spike machine to swap the board out with :-(

Thanks for your help. Gave up with my tail between my legs. Unfortunately the left flipper has completely given up. going to have to check continuity between the flipper cab switch and the connector, the connector and pins on CN9 to rule everything out. Might need a completely new connector or repin cn9 which feels secure, honestly don’t have the soldering skills for that tiny work. Not got another spike machine to swap the board out with :-(

It's probably just 1 pin in that connector, pin 4, grey and brown wire. No soldering required, just crimping a new pin onto that wire. You should be able to pull it out of the connector pressing something small into the groove on the back of the connector to release it.
Are there any pinheads on here nearby could give Kenny a hand? It could be something else but the fact you pulled the connector off then pushed back on and it stopped working does make it look likely.

Untitled fgbvdf.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom