What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper issue

jonathan

Site Supporter
Ok so I've run into my first problem with the TAFG.

The upper right flipper is sticking and not returning to its original position. At first I though it might need the nut tightening on the flipper pawl but this is fine. The spring is also fine. It seems to be getting caught up inside the coil somehow?

Aren't coils supposed to be self lubricating though?

no, they can bind , take it apart and replace the coil sleeve, if it difficult to push the sleeve out, replace both. if its ok check the plunger and coil stop. if its burred file it down so its smooth again. if it was me i would just replace all for new, just to be sure. also its rare but the plunger can become magnatised .

stan

Top advice from Stan.

If it were me I would treat her to flipper rebuilds all round.

jonathan' date=' post: 1688762 said:
The flippers are too strong if anything! The ramp is almost too easy

Sounds like the PF incline isnt steep enough
wink-1.png

Also check that there is clearance between the pawl and the playfield bearing, otherwise it will bind. Check that the nut and bolt through the linkage is not pinching the pawl onto the linkage, check that the coil sleeve protrudes through the mounting bracket, check that the arm of the pawl is not overshooting the end of the end of stroke switch and catching on it.

Back
Top Bottom