What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipout Re-opening

Just some feedback from Sunday just gone opening trial which I attended. Mike k kindly opened the club. The whole experience was very pleaeent with around 4 people for the whole time we were there.

Several people showed up as I was leaving the club to head home.

We decided on solo play though out the entire session.

As there were so few of us there and playing solo with hardly any contact with others masks on that occasion wasn’t needed.

Masks are most effective when In constant contact with others.

Also sorry to hear about your neighbour Neil yes it’s tragic and can understand why naturally it’s good to be cautious.

Of course if we are sensible and take the precautions we shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neil, ultimately I work for the government. The sheer volume of contradictory information they send out is staggering. I suspect whatever we have been told in the last week will be overturned in the near future

I’m guessing the ban on face masks is so we don’t scare kids. One problem schools face is that a one size fits all approach really doesn’t work and the public sector is notoriously bad at adapting quickly. A blanket ban on masks may well be sensible with little six year olds. Applying the same rules to a room full of 16 stone 18/19 year old men in yr13 is nonsensical but thats what you get told to do. I’ve been in rooms where I’m one of the smallest people in there.

I mainly teach young adults (16+). The rules allow 25-30 to be crammed into a small room with windows that can not be open provided they all face me and not each other. None are allowed masks. However, if I go to the photocopy room then I can’t get within 2m of another employee, even if they are younger than the girls I’m teaching.

You kind of get used to weird rules if you are in the public sector.

Regarding tubes. I’d say about 80% of people are wearing masks. There’s a fair few just using them as chin hammocks though.

Hi john I work for the government too. The message is clear if you can work from home one should do so for the foreseeable future. I guess with teaching that is a challenge.

Hope to see you down flip out one weekend

Jason,
Indeed and this is the stupid problem we find ourselves in - selfishness of the highest order.

Unless you are wearing a bin bag as a mask they are easily breathable through - there are few genuine people who can’t wear masks, even asthmatics are wearing them!

My granddaughter (7 years old) asked for a mask - Mandy asked her why? And she replied - “I want a mask as it will mean that less people get sick” I had a tear in my eye. She wears hers without complaining and tells others who aren’t wearing it properly to do so.

Nobody likes this situation but if we don’t look out for fellow man - Darwin has a prediction for us.

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s lovely Neil glad to hear your granddaughter takes this seriously

Hope you are keeping well Mark, and taking it easy surrounded by all that wine.

Hope you are keeping well Mark, and taking it easy surrounded by all that wine.

Cheers Darren - spent the last seven weeks struggling like hell with COVID-19 but, thankfully, am very much on the mend now.

Scariest part was the feeling of a lack of oxygen. As you can imagine, working in a school, thank goodness we had to be tight as anything with regard to the welfare, health and safety of the children and staff. I was clocked by our thermal scanners with a temp of 39.4 at the very onset of symptoms before I could cause too much trouble!

And yes - the wine has helped enormously but I can’t help feeling like I’m one of the lucky ones!!

This thing is a chuffing nightmare....

Sorry this is so off topic!

M

Cheers Darren - spent the last seven weeks struggling like hell with COVID-19 but, thankfully, am very much on the mend now.

Scariest part was the feeling of a lack of oxygen. As you can imagine, working in a school, thank goodness we had to be tight as anything with regard to the welfare, health and safety of the children and staff. I was clocked by our thermal scanners with a temp of 39.4 at the very onset of symptoms before I could cause too much trouble!

And yes - the wine has helped enormously but I can’t help feeling like I’m one of the lucky ones!!

This thing is a chuffing nightmare....

Sorry this is so off topic!

M

Glad you are in the mend Mark .

Back
Top Bottom