What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashers on space shuttle

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Anyone any idea what the flash lamps should be on a Wms ss. I don't think they're ge89's and they're all missing so that's no help.

Cheers Steve.
The article mentions 1251 bulbs but it's relating to a Space Station not shuttle.

Are these the ones that are wired in series. If they're in series I think they're 6v #63

Hi, paddy,

I think Space Shuttle would have the flashbulbs wired in series; Williams continued to do this into the system 11 era. Fire was the first game with the lamps in parallel, requiring a higher value limiting resistance. The ones at work ate flashbulbs until I changed the resistors.

As you'd expect, with flashbulbs in series a failure of one lamp knocks out the pair, but the resistances of the bulbs is added together, so the limiting resistor (the 2R2) needn't be as high as for lamps in parallel. With 28v solenoid power being used, a pair of #89 (12v) lamps would be bright, while a pair of #63 6v would be brighter.

The #1251 bulb is meant for situations where the lamp(s) remain lit, such as Pin-Bot's eyes, and three of the rear panel lamps on Space Station

Back
Top Bottom