What's new

Flash Gordon light fault (and now whole game not working!)

Cheers Alan, with the GI not having any specific control have I gotten away with any mpu damage ? So I’m just looking for a short in the wiring ?

yes looking for a short in the gi. could be a duff bulb, a duff lamp holder. shorted wire somewhere. the gi comes into the playfield from the cabinet direct from the rectifier board. so follow those wires and check any work you did recently.

if it was a total short then you’d blow a fuse straightaway, so it’s more likely something a bit more than that. i’d remove all bulbs from the affected section. does the wiring still get warm/hot ?

I had to deal with a lot of bodgery recently. People seem to really struggle with the idea of punching wires...

My advice would to check points of contact like headers and see if you can 'unearth' something.

IMG-20221215-WA0024.jpeg

Cheers guys, working again thanks. Was measuring the short from the rectifier connection with the multimeter, then found the approximate couple of bulbs.
Nothing particularly stood out but unsoldering and twisting the bulb holders has fixed it. Just strapping the harness back together, as I’ve had to undo loads of it.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom