What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Gordon and Paragon - no displays 😔

roadshow16

Site Supporter
Alias
CMP
Can anyone offer any advice/help.

I had one faulty display in my Flash Gordon, like a numpty I took out one of the displays from Paragon and tried it in Flash (not thinking about the fact that Paragon is 6 digit and Flash is 7). After switching the game on, all of the displays were then showing garbled/wrong numbers. I switched the game off. I then switched the game back on and none of the displays came on. I have since switched back to all 7 digit displays, still nothing. I have checked all the fuses (including F2), they are all good.

Weirdly, I now don't have any displays working in Paragon either 🙈 all I did was remove the 6 digit displays and then put them back in after trying in Flash.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Craig

It was bottom right on Flash Gordon and I replaced it with top right from Paragon. However, after I got the garbled displays after doing that, I took out the other displays from Paragon and put them in Flash (before realising my error). That was when I got nothing from any of the displays after that. I'm an idiot

Unlikely to have caused any damage. p4 position can upset and garble displays, but changing them back usually sorts it out.

are they original displays or replacement led displays?

if original, do you get the orange glow when you power on? as well as F2 on the rectifier board. what about the high voltage fuse on the solenoid driver board?

Thanks Alan, no orange glow. I haven't tested the high voltage fuse, missed that one, that's the next one to check then! Thanks mate

The LISY displays don’t use the HV, so I would suggest plugging one in to see if the issue still persists.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom