What's new

(Fixed, thanks!) TZ won't power on after installing pinsound

Ace thanks @pinballmania, do you have the one with the four heads too please as that’s showing as out of stock too. If so will order both as we really appreciate your help fixing this and the other issues we’ve had previously!

@Neil McRae, we have added quite a few mods on to this. We don't normally bother with them and our tables, we're normally stock but ChrisB sorted comets for us on MB and SS after we saw how amazing they make TAF - they make the tables look brand new. However with TZ, we saw such a nice example at Play Expo - we've been aiming for that really!

List of mods below in case it could be power related or anything I could try:
led strip down ball launched lane, slot machine scoop and shooter lane scoop are lit, camera mod, Robby the Robot mod, gumball light mod and led strip for the back box which is currently disconnected as I needed to use J116 for the ColorDMD.

Got the TV on order and the spiral fitted but that's not drawing power :D

yes I think I saw the TZ you mean - it was in the competition with the lethal tilt?

on my ToM I had tiger saw, clock, mirror, LED ColorDMD and Comet LEDS when I put in pin sound it wouldn't boot. I moved a couple of the mods to a dedicated 12V and it booted fine. Might be worth looking at that anyway. And yes the comet LED's make the game mind blowing good. Pinsound was a bit of a disappointment I tried it in all my games and really didn't think it was that much of an upgrade. Putting in new speakers in has made much more of a difference with the original sound boards, I didn't have the problem Spadge talked about though.

One of the best mods for TZ is a sub- get one with a few inputs like this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/10-Inch-Monitor-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA

and connect your TAF and TZ. You'll soon be ordering another one!

Neil.

Remove the ribbon cables at the top of the cpu and see if the cpu boots without W them. Then reintroduce the ribbons one at a time and see which one causes cpu not to boot.
Thanks so much, just had the same problem with my LOTR, all lights on, no display, removing the cable to pinsound and replacing it the other way round has solved it, although no sound as yet 🙁

Back
Top Bottom