What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time putting a machine on site

Punk Stig

Registered
Any hints or tips?

Some will have noticed I've recently put my Judge Dredd on site at a comic shop 'Geeks Boutique' in watford
I Plan on visiting weekly to start with, I've only known the owner of the shop since earlier this year but seems like a decent guy, a fair few similar interests and the such and I would deem trust worthy!

Now, the machine is currently located in the window so the outside world knows its there to pop in and play on, side art is already faded from orange/red to yellow so I'm obviously not fussed about further sun fading there however will the playfield be susceptible to fade too?

Any advice is welcome

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Has the owner got a key? What split are you taking? If it's visible from the street you may want to empty it each night and leave the coin door open.

Has the owner got a key? What split are you taking? If it's visible from the street you may want to empty it each night and leave the coin door open.
Thanks, already thought of that one, I have trusted them with the key and told them precisely to empty every night and leave the door open, the shop also has full metal shutters when closed

Yes I believe the playfield will be susceptible to the sunlight.
Thanks, I thought so, I'll keep an eye on it as the shop window sticker is going to provide a little shade to it, I'll either suggest moving the machine to the back of the shop after a month or some kind of blind

Best of luck Stig. Hope you make enough to put another in the shop.
Cheers fella, I wanted it to go in my friends pub nut they have a contract with their fruit machine company which prevented me doing that, I came to know the owner of the comic shop by chance - it's obviously not going to have as large a footfall as a pub, but the flip side is I know it'll be safer there!
I had a very conservative amount on what I'd like to get from it per month and in the first week it's done over half that so atm I'm happy, realistically I'd like to probably swap it out in 6 months or so, but I believe they have plans to get a bigger premises in the future, I'd be happy to invest in a couple more tables to have there if they did this.
At the end of the day watford should be a good location for pins as there are none, I've seen for myself people randomly walking past the shop and then coming in just because of the pin!

The more places people have to play the better. Hope the plans come off for the bigger site and more machines. You never know, this time next year Rodney..............

Hopefully catch you soon at a meet. Cheers.

Sounds like a winner!

I'm waiting for a new coin mech to arrive from PH then I'm putting my WCS in a local pub :)

Sounds like a winner!

I'm waiting for a new coin mech to arrive from PH then I'm putting my WCS in a local pub :)
Only problem I had was the credits didn't tally up properly with the coins even when put into gbp (factory default was deutsch marks) so I had to configure as custom so obviously check yours once installed (newee machine than my JD so will probably be fine)

Back
Top Bottom