What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIRST and GOAL

Spadge

Registered
No, not an American Football shout, but what was your first Pin (and why) - what is your goal pin (and why).

For me, first was Fish Tales, always liked Pinball and remembered the game fondly. I bought a bit of a dog FT from a hotel place in Liverpool, had no topper and kept breaking down, but it was enough to get me started.

Goal Pin - had two first was IJ in mint nick, next was Twilight Zone because it was so highly regarded and very mod-able and had lots of unique features.

Currently I have no new goal pin, which is a bit miserable, it'd be nice to lust after something.

FIRST: was BOP. To this day it's still the worst state playfield BOP I've ever seen. More bare wood than paint. I loved it though. Paid £400 for it and got ripped for overpaying.

GOAL: TAF or MM. That'll require a death in the family or retirement. Both many years away (hopefully)

First sof, still have

and

goal MM, which I now have, happy days

Stern Magic . all we could get for our £100 budget

second game was Black Knight (my grail at the time) 3rd Centaur (which I still have)

Goal pin is still Solar Fire

FIRST

Williams Tri-Zone. Knew nothing about pinball except I wanted one and paid £200 for a "fully-working" heap of trouble.

And I loved it to bits, and so did my kids. Would still have it if I could have kept it going.

GOAL?

Now I have a TWD and AC/DC and they're both fabulous and I have no other goals...

except I've always fancied a beautifully restored 1960's EM. Bally Band Wagon would be top. It's fun, challenging and just stunning. I figure it's the sort of thing you get when you retire.

Oh hang on, I retired yonks ago.

First - WWFRR big 90's wrestling fan, OH YEAH!!!

Goal - I'm liking the look of Dialed In! but Metallica/TWD right now.

First - Tommy. Loved it from release date and was always gonna be my first. Got a lovely one in 2003 and been in this madness ever since [emoji3]

Goal - to get out of the pinball madhouse one day [emoji3] Heh heh heh

Tricky....maybe a NIB one day. Or Als Garage Band Goes On A World Tour [emoji3] One day Roadshow will come my way, one if my all time faves I have never owned, had loan of one. One of my feel good pins.

First - Twilight Zone. Loved it then, but over time realised I prefer games with flow. Still a great game and I'd love to have another some day.

Goal - More space. At one over capacity already.

First - Walking Dead LE

Goal - WOZ RR, but as I own that I'd say a nice Monster Bash, but more realistically an Aerosmith Pro. Changes all the time though so in a month that might be different.

First - Twilight Zone - I've always been in to pinball ever since a kid but didn't really get much of a chance to play real machines, so much of my experience had been through video games. I bought TPA half way through season 2 and started working through the tables that were available. TZ wasn't a theme that initially jumped out at me but I looked at the Top 10 lists and being number 1 on IPDB and high scoring on many others needed to give it a go. 4 Flippers, loads of toys and a great soundtrack had me hooked straightaway. I didn't expect to have loads of machines at the time so wanted to buy a really complicated game that would last a long time in the home environment. That plan worked out for all of about 3 months when I bought a STTNG as well. (Had to keep it at a friends house at the time though because of lack of space lol) After living with it for a few years I think its safe to say it will never leave as its a masterpiece and still my favourite game.

Goal - Dialed In - Not so much a goal as I have had one on order since xmas. I'm really looking forward to playing it at the UK launch next weekend but based on what I have seen I think it looks like the best new machine since the 90s WMS era. It may even have the potential to become my favourite game of all time but will need to have one here and played it a whole lot before dethroning the mighty TZ.

First machine was The Getaway and I still have it. Bought from the very dodgy Blackpool sellers ( because I didn't know better ). Had a few problems when I got it but ultimately it plays very well.
Goal, I always wanted a Tron and a Medieval Madness, both of which I have now. :clap:.

First em - Crosstown 1966. Great game.
First SS. LOTR. Kids loved crossing the bridge multiball!

Goal. Had so many games and regret selling most of them...... Ok, goal would be to find a really low play mint WH20 for not crazy money..... You didn't say goals had to be realistic;)

First: Pinball Champ '82
Goal Pin: Centaur/Solar Fire.

Ive always wondered if the person who sold me demo man back in 05 or 06 is on this forum. He lived not to far from Guildford, maybe Farnborough, and also had a champion pub in his garage which looking at today's prices I wish I'd bought that too. He was kind enough to bring demo man to my house and help me set it up so if it's you reading this thanks for starting me on the slippery slope of the owners addiction! I'd played DM in a pub and loved the film so it was an easy decision with the seller being local, bearing in mind I only knew eBay as a place to look, it wasn't until much later I discovered this forum.

Goal pin is a hard one, probably Cactus Canyon possibly and ironically Champion Pub!

First Pin - Gottlieb flying Carpet when I was wee boy

Goal pin - Williams Joust (1983), I like usual pins and the is a head o head game. Other than that pin which is very rare is a Monster Bash

First: World Cup Soccer

Goal: When I first got into the hobby it was WMS Indiana Jones as that was the pin I used to play on family holidays. I got one, played it and then sold it as it didn't have the staying power for me (which I was a bit gutted about). Not sure if I've got a specific goal pin at the moment as I've got or had most of the other games I really wanted. Maybe the new Star Wars Premium or Total Nuclear Annihilation :hmm:

First : JP off eBay - it took @pinsinthewild 2 days to get working properly :rofl:

Goal: More $ and more space, barring that a pin with an LCD screen when one ticks both theme and gameplay boxes

First pin RG back in 2000 (in Australia) due to budget restraints, I still love that game.

Quite happy with the collection, but the goal is to eventually have Tron or MB in the mix. Dialed In looks good too, looking forward to playing it at Tilt on the 15th.

First JD bought from @Judge Dreads for £950 5 years ago ish. Loved the theme knew nothing about games then and kept it for 2 years.

Goal was T2/LOTR and now own both, each really nice examples and won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I guess new goal would be some sort of NIB Stern at some point. So more cash!

BoP - a nice one i got from Chris B. paid over the top for it but I wanted a nice one and its stunning.

goal, to own games I like, I'm out of space at the moment but working on expanding that. Aiming to have a good space like Greg has so I can do tourneys at my place.

First was pinball pool (gott) in about 1985 at a farm yard auction.

Had a couple of broken drop targets but I still loved it. My dad eventually dumped it :mad: a few years after I moved out..

Goal is probably the shadow, really like it and played it to death (even getting through final battle) in the local bowling alley but would still like one in the collection.

Back
Top Bottom