What's new

Finally settling on keepers...

Spadge

Registered
So I’m 5-6 years of pin ownership, having had about 30 different machines over that time, with about 16 being my maximum when I had mostly classic 90s Bally/Williams/Midway. Back end of 2017 saw have a bit of a fire sale and I’ve gradually built up a more eclectic non-specific lineup since then.

I’d like to think I’m at the stage where my collection is settling down, there are none of the current new games or announced titles that I feel really strongly compelled to add to my collection, with the potential of perhaps Batman’66 premium, Guardians of the Galaxy LE, Deadpool maybe, an Alien.

But with my table limit reached (ten, high quality, highly modded - games room limited to 8) down to a mixture of space work/office, misfiring common sense and financial outlay confines it means if any come in, it means one should go. I’m also a little tired of the revolving doors and am busy modding them to my satisfaction.

With a lineup of;

Spider-Man
The Walking Dead (Premium)
Ac/Dc (Luci Premium)
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Lord of the Rings (LE)
Twilight Zone (Mint Restoration)
The Addams Family
Theatre of Magic (Mint restoration project)*2
Wizard of Oz

Making the decision to lose any one of those would be tough. There’s nothing weak or insubstantial there, Woz is great because of broad family appeal.

Perhaps I need a lottery win and a big pinshed...

I’m feeling very lucky to be able to have more than 2-3, this does sound like 1st world problems :)

*i have 2 Toms and one will go when my project Tom is complete.

I feel vindicated that my decision to install a pool table (and the space needed, even if it’s a work-table for my modding) in the games room has made me think much harder about the games I have.

Pity no older machines bit too modern, but great line up

It'd take me less than 1 millionth of a second to sell Theatre of Magic to make space for almost anything else! But that's my personal opinion. I'm just envious of your space and killer games (except TOM!).
Controversially; TAF would probably be next. A true classic survivor, but doesn't hold a candle to the rest of them. It was a trophy game for me, and then i got bored of polishing trophies.

Out of those, which is an insane lineup - I actually think WOZ or TOM would be the ones to go... Personally, it would be TZ - I like TAF more now I have a bit of play time on it, but actually both would go for a MM, as would WOZ.

Still horses for courses hey - what a predicament to be in!

Ive come to the conclusion that it may be Tom although may feel different when restored. TZ and TAF are just classics I love.

Woz is a great all rounder but I agree that some tables can be marmite like TWD which I just adore the mood and theme.

TWD is just so ugly though!

Spadge, what a line up. I'd maybe drop WOZ for that BM66 you fancy

P
Agree.

Appreciate people like different things but there is a whole world of pinball fun beyond the trophy titles and crowd pleasers :)

And as others have said ...burn that TOM :thumbs:

But harsh! I’ve a fondness for it on sentimental reasons.

Not to get to serious or that, but I have always thought winning the lottery would be a bit of a curse. Imagine having a warehouse that you could just stick games into. You would just buy and buy and buy and never feel satisfied. At least if you have limits, you appreciate them a lot more. Even if, like you, you enjoy modding more than playing. You still make the most out of each machine.

Anyway, on to the question.
It is tough. I really like Tom but I am a budding amateur magician haha.

I would definitely need an older game in that lot though. Taf ain't exactly deep but a system 11 or that which you can fire on and have a blast for 20mins and be done.
It's nice to go out for a nice 3 course meal and a bottle of wine. But every now and again it's satisfying having a big mac in a car park somewhere..... If you get my drift ?

Not to get to serious or that, but I have always thought winning the lottery would be a bit of a curse. Imagine having a warehouse that you could just stick games into. You would just buy and buy and buy and never feel satisfied. At least if you have limits, you appreciate them a lot more. Even if, like you, you enjoy modding more than playing. You still make the most out of each machine.

Anyway, on to the question.
It is tough. I really like Tom but I am a budding amateur magician haha.

I would definitely need an older game in that lot though. Taf ain't exactly deep but a system 11 or that which you can fire on and have a blast for 20mins and be done.
It's nice to go out for a nice 3 course meal and a bottle of wine. But every now and again it's satisfying having a big mac in a car park somewhere..... If you get my drift ?

Tried EMs and System11 games, they’re ok - I’d go for tna more :)

Personally I don’t get why people don’t like TOM? Is it regarded as being too easy?
Admittedly at the moment it’s not my favourite but that changes daily as I get more involved in the game I have played the least in the last few months.
As people say horses for courses.

Great line up, and enjoying reading everyone's opinions. Personally, I'd still sell the whole lot and just have a TX-Sector.

WOZ the last to go.

You crazy WOZ lovers are so wrong... in fact...

Put 'em up, put 'em uuuuuup! Which one of you first? I'll fight ya both together if you want. I'll fight ya with one paw tied behind my back! I'll fight ya standin' on one foot! I'll fight ya with my eyes closed!

I would keep the TZ. It's an original machine. Nothing like it.
I'm definitely keeping one.

I personally would keep the TZ,TAF, TOM and sell the Stern machines :)

Yeah, TAF or TOM for the chop!

Then buy something really unique - like this;)

It's on my list as love quirky games that are very good players. Only 500 made so it's a tough one to find.
Never heard of that game before, looks pretty cool. I'm all up for getting rid of most of my collection in exchange for some weird quirky games!

Cracking line up you have :thumbs:

Up for the Chopping block would be for me are...

Tom ... Is the only game in 14 years I have ever walked away from after playing ball 2

Spiderman ... Because it will be easier to buy it again at a later date !

Iron maiden ..... So you can buy the next new pin then sell that one after about a year and so on , so the line up keeps changing !

And finally...

TZ .... because it hates me :rofl:

I'm surprised you already have so many, but I'll never be surprised again by this!

Settling on keepers!...ha..ha... I have heard that a few times in the past! (But see what your saying with spidey, and top of your list I notice!)
Easy to replace a spiderman...would of agreed a few years ago, but now...hhmmm...when up for sale they seem to sell almost instantly...definitely a game that seems to just continue growing in popularity and desirability...not surprised one of our favourites...and one of Steve Ritchie faves....enjoy your machines @Spadge all the best for a fast and full recovery..from new forest pinball......

Settling on keepers!...ha..ha... I have heard that a few times in the past! (But see what your saying with spidey, and top of your list I notice!)
Easy to replace a spiderman...would of agreed a few years ago, but now...hhmmm...when up for sale they seem to sell almost instantly...definitely a game that seems to just continue growing in popularity and desirability...not surprised one of our favourites...and one of Steve Ritchie faves....enjoy your machines @Spadge all the best for a fast and full recovery..from new forest pinball......

Cheers, I perhaps should have mentioned there’s no order in the list, I would still be having anxiety over it!

Back
Top Bottom